Lavallee learning to play Mrs Robinson acoustic guitar

BobR

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:41 am

Hi Marc,

Real nice job all around. I can see you really enjoyed this song. I am glad to hear you singing.

Thanks for posting

Bob

Yamaha48

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey hello my friend Marc.

One big smile on your face,thats great.
You sing and play the song verry well .
I think that you have the words of the song in your head.
Or have you a litle piece off paper?? hahahaa lol.

Thumbs up for you.

Cheers Anton

beaker

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Marc, wow man, nice one! I had a crack at this when Neil first released the lesson. I found it quite tricky. You are doing really well with it! With a couple of tips from Neil (If you get a review) (hopefully).... you will have it polished. Good one! Beaker.

Lavallee

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Thank you Bob it sure is a fun song

Thanks Anton, I have learn the words, but there were memory blanks as I was playing. I had the words on my monitor but with the reading glasses it was too far. I was looking for the words but they were fuzzy. The pleasure of getting older.

Hi Beaker, thanks for the comments. . You have played more elaborate song than this one, so it should be no problem for you. . Iposted at this time as I thought I was not improving any more, so I am open to suggestions.

Marc

BigBear

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Marc- that was just terrific!!! But it sounded like a French Canadian singing!! Like Paul Simon with an accent!!

Seriously, that is a really tough song with all the riffs and fills and you handled them very well. Not perfect yet but darned close!! I tried this song a couple of months ago and it's tough. I decided that I just didn't have the time but I wish I did because it's so cool listen to.

Congrats on all your hard work! I know you've spent hours on it. Your playing continues to impress.

Keep 'em coming mon ami! :cheer:

Lavallee

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks Rick, I appreciate you took the time to check, as I mentioned to Michele, I have no accent , the rest of the world does ;) . Still a fair amount of finishing touch to do but it it is recognizable and it is fun to practice.

Marc

jayswett

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Glad to see another video from you with vocals. Tough song to sing and play simultaneously, I would think, yet you did a nice job

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Marc,

Huge props for 1) doing such a good job playing "Mrs. Robinson" and 2) adding the vocals to the mix! I imagine it's very tough to keep that train going! I'll find out soon enough when I look at the lesson- and then I'll be even more impressed by where you are with this song.

Congrats!

cosmicmechanic

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Marc, among the videos you have posted this is the one in which you seem to be having the most fun,
but it's not because you are taking it easy ... lots of dexterity there, and nice coordination with vocals.

I've only tried a campfire version that I don't know it by heart, but it's a song that is sure to get people in a happy mood,
doing doop-de-doops and deep-dee-dee's.

And your performance worked for me quite nicely, thanks.

Pierre

RicksPick

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:20 am

Hi Marc
WOW nicely done
love the guitar and the singing
do you play any easy songs lol :blink:
Congratz

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic