Lavallee learning to play Mrs Robinson acoustic guitar

Lavallee

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:19 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This is part of my singing resolution but I thought that Neils intro looks so much fun to play that I decided to give it a shot a few months ago. Still not perfect by far from the master (even the lyrics are mixed up sometimes) but It is one of my all time favorite song and even if I have to play four times in a row, I do not get tired of it.

Thanks for your comments

Marc

jimcjimc

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Marc - Nice post! I haven't looked at this lesson yet. It looks like a hard song to sing and play and you pulled it off really well.
Jim

lueders

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Marc, COOL! I thought you did a real nice job of this. I been working on this so it is nice to see you pretty thoroughly conquer it! (I ain't yet.) You go those riffs down, man. After you polish that a little bit more it is really going to be something. How long you been working on this? Sounds great!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey Marc, that riff and the runs are working really well, great job! Great fun to listen to that. Ok, I HAVE to get that signature riff down ... finally!
Way to go my friend!

suziko

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey Marc! Nice job on a tricky song. I took a look at it when the lesson came out (as a real-life Mrs. Robinson I felt it was my duty to give it a go), but it was definitely too hard for me. But you did a nice job on it. The riffs sound great, you've got a great, jaunty rhythm going throughout, and it's clear you're having a great time. You had me smiling the whole time!

Suzi

Craig

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Marc,
Great job on a great song. The opening riff is not easy and you are doing a good job with it. Way to go, keep up the great work.
Craig

snipe

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Marc,

Very nicely done on what looks like to me a very difficult song. You seemed pretty relaxed the whole time.
Great work!! Great strumming too.! Motivates me to check out this lesson!!

Mike

BTW. What kind of guitar are you playing?

michelew

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Marc,

I haven't looked at this song, but there sure is a lot in it and it looks pretty tricky. You look like you've almost completely nailed it. Impressive.

I love that you're singing now. Keep it up.

Good job.

Michele

buddy

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Marc,

Nice go at a very intricate song. Like Michele said, it is good to see you singing as well. Let that voice rip !

Bud

dtaylor

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Wow Marc, very impressive, you had the opening vocal runs down like it was nothing, I know how tricky they are. congratulations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic