rapsidy father & son guitar lesson review upload

rapsidy

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:16 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 am

Brad, you got that one well on it's way. I think this is actually one of those deceptive little tunes. I think some of the timing is a lot harder than it looks and sounds. (with all the changing strum patterns and getting up to first position from that little sliding riff) Keep workin' on that one, it is is gonna be really good. Good on you for singing, too. Sounding good to me...but then again, I'm tone deaf. lol great job, fella.

michelew

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:04 am

Brad,

Great job. You are so close to having this completely nailed and the singing of the different parts was awesome. The timing of the riff seems a little off, rushed I think, but your strumming sounds really good and the rest looks and sounds like it's come together nicely.

A little advice from the Master and other experienced players, and a little application and I think you've got it in the bag.

Good job mate.

I hope you're no where need the fires.

Michele

willem

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 am

Great to see you again Brad!

You uploaded this one before have you? You're not only improving on the guitar, but your singing is getter better and better as well, very good job!

And yep, this little slide needs a bit more work to get the timing right, but I'm sure you'll nail that too!

Cheers

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:59 am

Great job Brad! All round improvement on the strumming, timing singing and phrasing. That is polishing up nicely and looking easier.

buddy

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 am

Wow Brad, Amazing progress with your playing and singing ! This has become a favorite of mine so it is great to see you playing it. Seems like you have it down pretty good, Maybe slow it down just a tad and add the slide on the the little rift and you've got it. Again, super job and your voice sound really good in this.

Bud

snipe

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

Brad,

I thought you played it really well. Your vocals are fitting for Cat Stevens.

I remember some of your older videos and now seeing this, your playing has really improved !! Especially the strumming

Keep up the good work.

Mike

dtaylor

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Just to echo the the praise for the strumming and the singing Brad, if I had your voice I'd just be doing these sorts of classics all day long. What a talent. Keep up the good work mate.
Dean

MarkM

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Brad you progress is amazing!!! You've come so far is such a short amount of time. Looks like you got the timing down pretty good and the strumming is coming along nicely. As always your singing is very good. My only bit of advice would be to focus a bit more on the bass strings in beats 1 and maybe 3. I noticed that when you strum you either are barely hitting the bass strings or missing them. Either that or you using a fairly light pick. Just my observation. You are well on your way on this song. Great job and let us see your progression on this. Thanks.

MarkM

BobR

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi Brad,

I recall seeing you do this in the busking section. I think you've got most of it down and I really enjoyed your singing (both parts), but as others have pointed out the little riff seems a bit out of time sometime.

I tried to look at the riff a bit close and it seems that you don't always alternate the individual notes. I think it is a down strum sliding from the A# to the C then an up on the high G a down back on the C and then an up on the high A

Good job,

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic