rapsidy father & son guitar lesson review upload

tovo

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 pm

You have received great advice Brad so I will just offer support. Good work mate, you have a little left to do but keep with it, it's a cracking tune and worth the effort. I agree that your progress is great. You should be happy with that but not satisfied...if you keep improving at this rate you will be unstoppable.

rapsidy

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:53 am

Thanks everyone and yes i posted this in the busking section but hadnt spent much time on it then. I have picked up the main points which i wouldnt had i not posted it, you see i learn by monkey see monkey do :)

so i just look at Neils lesson and try and pick up what i can, i am naughty as you probably noticed i dont count beats too well and rely on listening to see if it sounds right or close. Then ill comeback to see how far out i am and try fix it.

And thanks BOBr pointing out what you do in the slide. I had no idea it was done that way probably why it is sounding off. As Neil doesnt teach the slide in the lesson he just picks out the c down, G down, up on the C and down on the A.. Monkey see u see

so i have been practicing the slide now by picking A# slide down then down on G, up C, down on A, hope that is right it sounds right now !

and Mark i do use a lite pick as I have been told off for being too heavy handed :P so i thought i would use a light pick until i could get out of that habit

thanks everyone for your encouraging words it means a lot... posting videos gets harder now as you feel like you need to improve a lot on your last effort, a bit of pressure :S

really appreciate the help, now i can get on and practice the intro slide correctly :)

willem

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:19 am

BobR wrote:
Hi Brad,

I recall seeing you do this in the busking section. I think you've got most of it down and I really enjoyed your singing (both parts), but as others have pointed out the little riff seems a bit out of time sometime.

I tried to look at the riff a bit close and it seems that you don't always alternate the individual notes. I think it is a down strum sliding from the A# to the C then an up on the high G a down back on the C and then an up on the high A

Good job,

Bob

HEY Brad here is something to confuse you slide from A# to the C and then up on the high G,,then!!! a fake down!!! and then up on the C and down on the high A...and i even don't speak Englisch..

rapsidy

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 am

yes im confused now willem lol i thought it was down on the G up on the C and down on the A ???

willem

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:53 am

rapsidy wrote:
yes im confused now willem lol i thought it was down on the G up on the C and down on the A ???

oke Brad,try this on the litlle riff,,,,forget the slide(but it is a nice one) down on the C,,up on the high G,,,then a FAKE DOWN ,,THEN up on th C again and atleast the down on the A....THERE YOU ARE..

jayswett

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:00 pm

You look more and more comfortable, smooth, and relaxed with each video. I was going to say confident, too, but you've always loooked confident. Well done.

dennisg

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Way to go, Brad. That's probably the best video of yours I've seen. Nice, smooth strumming, confident singing, good relaxed performance.

One comment about the guitar intro: there's a lot of string noise during chord changes, and I don't mean the sound of sliding up the strings. There's the noise of your fingers bumping into the strings, the result being that you're getting unwanted notes. Cleaning this up will just come with more attention and practice. It's well within your capabilities.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Just saw this, Brad.

You should be really happy with this. What stands out for me is how relaxed you seem. Strumming is even, light touch on the strings. Your singing is spot on for me as well. I'm sure switching octaves like that isn't easy!

Nice one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic