Here's what I'm giving Sheryl Crow for her birthday

dennisg

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 am

Okay, I admit it. I love Sheryl Crow, and I don't care who knows it. What's more, I've loved her from the moment in 1993 when I first heard "Strong Enough" on the radio, and I thought to myself, This is a woman with balls. Her debut album included massive radio hits (including the previously mentioned song) like "Leaving Las Vegas," All I Wanna Do," "Can't Cry Anymore," and others -- in fact, every song on her debut album got radio play.

What typically happens with singer/songwriters is that by the time they do their first CD, they've already written over 100 songs, and they cull those down to the top 10 or 11 to put on the disc. Then they start touring to support the album, and discover they have absolutely no time or energy left to write any decent material for the second album. That's the way it happens 999 times out of 1000. Except that Sheryl Crow's second album was every bit as brilliant as her first one, with hits like "A Change Would Do You Good," "Home," "If it Makes You Happy," and "Every Day is a Winding Road."

It was her third album, The Globe Sessions, that features "The Difficult Kind," a song that just blew me away with the power of its lyrics and the beauty of its melody.

Thanks for the song, Sheryl. And happy 49th birthday from Jamie and Dennis.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Craig

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:51 am

Dennis and Jaime,
That was great! Thanks for sharing. The vocals were solid and that guitar of yours sounds as good as ever. I'm glad it is Sheryl's birthday.
Craig
P.S. please tell Jaime the placement of the flowers was perfect! :laugh:

snipe

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 am

Dennise and Jamie

That was saaaaweeeett! Really liked it. Especially liked the harmony. You guys sang it with passion. And I agree with Craig, the flowers were very strategically placed, wether intentionally or not.
Thanks for that

Mike

willem

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:07 pm

very very pro,,,well i found it very pro and a super accompaniment..

Is it allright with Jamie that you love Sheryl Crow,,,well i saw the end(kiss) so it must be and maby very clever to know if everybody listen to it to the end,,i did,,,

Thanks Jamie and Dennis,,

MarkM

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Jamie & Dennis,

Well another fantastic song from the dynamic duo!!!! Great singing on this Jamie!! Dennis as always your playing showed the practice you have invested in this song. You showed some new skills on this one. I can't think of another song you have done with a pick that was better than this one. Nice even tone and your timing was special on this one. Great job!! Oh and to do this one standing up was impressive! Thanks for taking the time to practice this together and share it with us.

MarkM

reiver

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Didn't know the song but I really liked your arrangement of this, Dennis and thought that Jamie did another great job with the vocals. There are some high note in there - I can see why you were happy to step aside......I just hope we don't have to wait so long to hear from Jaimie again.

I think Sheryl would be very happy with this.

Stuart

suziko

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Wow, I never would have guessed that Sheryl Crow was 49 this year! I thought she was quite a bit younger.

You two did a really nice job with this. I agree with Stu that there are a lot of really high notes in this song that Jamie had to go for- and she really grabbed them! I guess Sheryl Crow's not the only woman with balls. :)

I, also, would like to see more duets in the future. I think Jamie adds a really nice element to your videos, Dennis. You two have nice chemistry.

Suzi

abiliog

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Jamie and Dennis,
Very well done. Jamie has a beautiful voice, very melodic and your playing is great as usual.
Thanks for sharing this song with us,
Abilio

AndyT

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Oh wauw, that kiss at the end was soooo sweet!!

Anyway, loved your performance especially the harmonies, goodwork on the flatpicking/strumming Dennis, sounded really great!

Very very good job all around!

Cheers

Ness

jayswett

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Everything about that video was brilliant. I, too, am a Sheryl Crow fan and think you did a great, great job with this. Loved it from start to finish.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic