Here's what I'm giving Sheryl Crow for her birthday

tovo

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Well if that doesn't make Sheryl smile that beautiful smile of hers I don't know what will. I have run out of superlatives to describe your performances Jamie. Just one thing...who is the old guy with the guitar?

Super job both of you. Honestly it just doesn't get better than that.

michelew

Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Jamie and Dennis,

You've just made my morning. I now have a big smile on my face.

That was superb. I love all of your videos, but I think this might be one of my favourites. Jamie's singing was awesome and I just love the twang (this might not be the right word) way cool quality of her voice.What a range too! Dennis your harmonies were spot on and your playing seemed perfect to me. You OWN that pick now. Well I'm guessing you do own it, nice coincidence..

The whole feeling was great.

And for a woman with balls, Jamie sure is cute. You're a lucky, lucky man.

The only thing that would have made it better is a walk on part from Wally at the end.

Perfect birthday oressie for Sheryl.

FANTASTIC! A great show.

Encore!

Michele

dennisg

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Craig: Thanks, Craig. I think I've got the sound issues that plagued my "Solitary Man" upload ironed out.

Snipe: Yeah, the flowers. Jamie used to be an interior designer, so she's also got one eye on the physical presentation of the house. Thanks for commenting.

Willem: I don't think Jamie would be too upset to know my feelings for Sheryl Crow. Thanks for your compliment on the performance.

Mark: Thanks so much for your comments on the singing and the guitar. I learned some new chords in this song, about five of which I don't even know the names of. You're always one of my most enthusiastic supporters in this forum, and I just want you to know how much I appreciate it.

Stuart: I agree that Jamie does a really good job with the vocals. What's interesting is that she has absolutely no experience of any kind with music, other than singing along with the radio in the car. But she's discovered that she really enjoys singing along with me and my guitar. Thanks for stopping by to comment. And, yes, I'd love to do another song with Jamie.

Suzi: Thanks, pal. If there's one thing Jamie's never been accused of lacking, it's balls. It really takes courage for her to put herself in front of such a foreign environment like the video camera. Got any suggestions for duets you'd like to see? And I know what you mean about Sheryl Crow's age -- I'd have never guessed she was anywhere close to 49. But I know (ever since her relationship with Lance Armstrong) she's an avid cyclist, which would keep almost anyone in good shape.

Abilio: Thanks very much. We had a really good time doing this.

Ness: I highly recommend that you kiss someone at the end of each of your videos. It's a good way to finish. Thanks for stopping by and giving me your support, Vanessa. I appreciate it.

Jay: What's not to like about Sheryl Crow? She's written a truckload of great songs, is a terrific musician, works hard, is a nice person, has a great sense of humor, and ain't too bad to look either. Thanks for your comments, Jay. As you know, I admire your playing so much.

Tony: I almost never watch my own videos, but I watched this one three times this morning because I'm so proud of my gal. Thanks for all your support, both in and out of the forum.

Michele: Jamie's going to laugh when she reads your comment about her twangy voice. She'll like that. You're so right; I am lucky. This year, Jamie and I will have been together for 35 years -- and every year I feel luckier and luckier. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a partner who's so supportive of my guitar playing. But then, you've got a very similar situation. I don't feel like I quite own the pick yet. It's more of a long-term lease with an option to buy. Thanks for your unbridled enthusiasm and support.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Great Job both of you! A whole lot of fun was had here and I'm sure Cheryl will be chuffed!

RicksPick

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Im Sure Sheryl Crow would be pleased to see that on her Bday
Buitiful both of you

RicksPick

buddy

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Dennis, This was awesome. Like you, I am a Crow lover myself, in a platonic way of course because she is not very attractive :-) Her music is so gritty, sexy and touching all at the same time.

Thanks for putting up this tribute.

Bud

lueders

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Dennis-there are so many things going on in your playing a person can learn from. ( I hope I am that person.) You play a lot of these country-tinged tunes like this with a lot of creativity and versatility. Your hybrid picking for example..and you're going back and forth from straight to more syncopated, mixed rhythm-type things quite effortlessly.) I wish I could steal all your tricks!

I love Jaime's voice! She has an authentic sounding voice...almost like Lucinda Williams, or Iris Dement would sound like if either, could actually sing. ( I hope that makes sense? Trying to give a compliment there.) I got a wish list of tunes I would love to hear you two tackle...I'm sure other T.G.ers have such a list,. too

Also,I am sure that was partially wry humor on your part, but I don't think you have to apologize for being a Crow fan. I agree with you on all but one of those Crow tunes you mentioned. She is a heck of a writer. (After all, they even tried to recruit her into Fleetwood Mac. That has to count for something right?)

*Random observation of the day: The smooch at the end reminded of the mockumentary: "A Mighty Wind." Anybody ever see that?...funny stuff.

BobR

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Dennis / Jamie

Another fine performance. Fine playing and I loved the harmonies, so cool. I must admit I have Sheryl on my iPod, but not this one.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

millponddave

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Great job. I really enjoyed it.

Dave

beaker

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:31 am

Dennis, Really great job on that song. You two have the full package, good vocals, and harmonies and great guitar parts. Looks like you must have a lot of fun with this. I like your unique song choices. Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic