nesh16041972 learning to play Triad acoustic guitar

skaladar

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Very nicely done Vanessa. So much feeling!
I wish I had a fraction of your talent.

Ken

lueders

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Okay, you know you're good when you can reach up and scratch your eyelid and not lose a beat.( I think you, Al, & Tom are in a contest to see who can pick these tunes up the quickest.) I like to watch your facial expressions when you play.They usually range from intensely serious to a wry grin... to SUPER BIG GRIN at the end.

In all seriousness, you continue to amaze, impress and inspire! AWESOME!!!

RANDOMNESS ALERT* I have a request. Have you ever done any Tracy Chapman stuff before. Guitar-wise I know you would eat it for breakfast. I would love to hear your take on Fast Car; or Taking about a Revolution, or pretty much anything. She is one of my favorites. I celebrate her entire catalog of material; and I would love to hear you tackle one of those. Here's to wishing...Great job, Vanessa!

millponddave

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Vanessa, There is really nothing that I can add that hasn't been said already so Ill just say thanks for all of the great performances that you put out there.

Dave

haoli25

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:40 pm

lueders wrote:
RANDOMNESS ALERT* I have a request. Have you ever done any Tracy Chapman stuff before. Guitar-wise I know you would eat it for breakfast. I would love to hear your take on Fast Car; or Taking about a Revolution, or pretty much anything.......

As another Tracy Chapman fan, I have to agree with Cori's idea, your beautiful voice would be perfect for her songs.

Bill

Lavallee

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi Vanessa, I am speechless, what a great performance , such a great rhythm with so much emotion that you can communicate.

All your videos are good but this one tops them.

Marc

sbutler

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Vanessa, Just got home from work, and had to take a listen. This IS YOUR song. My Gosh, you did this as well as anyone could have done it. I really believe that. And yes, as good as the original in my opinion.

Out of the park Vanessa, stand up and take a bow as you slowly round those base's. You don't have to run, you STRUT.

Scott

rapsidy

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:25 am

Is your camera reel and tape :silly: :blink: :)

Hi Nesh ;)

Not my type of song! Not to say that it wasn't sung and played beautifully B) songs are like motorbikes one for everyones taste :) some like harley's yuk :P others sportbikes :woohoo: :woohoo: it all comes down to what the individual likes... where am i going with this ???? sorry.. back to reality :blink:

I really enjoyed your guitar playing in this though and the picking out notes etc... really cool i would love to be able to play like you someday.

and I always enjoy your vids

Brad

RicksPick

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:13 am

Very nice Vanessa
Thanks

RicksPick

BigBear

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:11 am

You áll have just made me tótally speechless......I'm absolutely blown away, since, like I mentioned, it's a childhood-thing and since I díd give my very all in here.....I just can't describe how much I appreciate all your kind, sweet and leaving me speechless-words....I'm feeling really really grateful for that..!

I'm gonna try anyway :P :

Mark: Yep, I know, the stretch, haha, it's not a really comfortable chord-shape, but I do play it here and there. Luckily enough, if you hit the sixth string first, it'll give you time to put all your fingers down. And I know you're véry into 4 Way Street as well, so I'm really really glad that you've enjoyed this, actually I was very curious about it, because I was sure that you know this song, so thank you!

Suzi: Yep, it's intense alright..and it's réally great to hear that you think I managed to capture the emotions in the song, for wich I gave my all...and it's great to finally play it, as I hear it on the record..thank you very much for your sweet words, just great to hear you've enjoyed it!

Beaker: Haha, yep, spooky chords, well they certainly are, they're the fundament of the intensity of the song, thanks for watching!

Mike: Well I really take that as a compliment, thank you very very much!

Jim: Thank you very much Jim, that's great to hear, thanks for taking the time to watch!

Bob: Thank you Bob, am very glad that you've enjoyed it!

Dermot: A jukebox? haha! Well the longer you play, the more will end up in your closet right? This one was in my singing-closet, as for the playing, well I'm just totally excited that it's CSNY-week and that I can play it now as well! Thanks D.!

Dennis: Oh man, you are so sweet....! Every word means a lot to me...thank you very very much! (Yep, I'll work on the new camera! ;) )

Willem: Thanks Willem, am very glad that you liked it! And yep, we will have a blast playing together! ;)

Craig: Well your attempt in trying to describe.......well it blew and still blows me away....speechless... :blush:

Chris: Haha, thanks Chris, it means a lot, I appreciate it, thank you very much! :)

Dancer: Thank you very much Dancer! And yes, I absolutely lóve to play music, so yes I always enjoy it, no matter if the song is intense, sad or happy and upbeat, I just love it all, thanks again!

Tony: Man, your comment is breathtaking as well :blush: .....it really means a lot to me, it really does...thank you so very much...and yes, I'm very very happy over here :) !

Stuart: Well you leave me with no words either.....it's just so great to hear...thank you so very much...I really appreciate it!

Michele: Wow, Shel! You leave me speechless too! :blush: ...what can I say?!...Yes, I did pour my heart and soul into this, wich feels quite vulnerable...so your (and everybody elses) comment is just absolutely overwhelming...just great to hear that you loved it!

Tom: Thank you so very much Tom, I really really appreciate it! As for singing....I've just always done it...as a kid I just never thought about it, I just sang..and I still do...well that's not completely true...I do pay kinda attention to dynamics and vibrato and modulation and all, but it has become natural after doing it for so long....thanks again Tom, truly glad you've enjoyed it!

Buddy: Buddy, your comment made and makes me smile big time over here, thank you very very much, I appreciate it a lot!

Lil: Thank you very much Lil, that's really really great to hear, thanks for watching! (And please, don't compare! ;) )

Bill: Haha, thank you very very much Bill, you're very sweet, thanks for the standing ovation! :cheer:

frybaby

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 am

Ken: Thank you Ken! And yes, it's a song with lots of emotions, so it's great to hear that you think I've managed to bring it with feeling...that's the main goal in sharing music I think...anyway, thanks for watching and for your comment!

Lueders: Oh gosh, you're comment makes me laugh and blush at the same time :blush: .....haha! You leave me speechless......and you leave me with a challenge! Well I like challenges, that's true...so I might! :P Thank you very much L. your words are just ......I don't have words left....just thank you...!

Dave: Thank you very much Dave, I really appreciate that you appreciate all my performances out here, I really do, so thanks again!

Marc: Oh man.....your comment just blows me away....thank you so very much....

Scott: I thought I was already blown away and speechless....but you managed to do even more so :blink: :blush: ....you're so sweet.....so thánk you!

Brad: Haha, yeah I know, this is a song that you like or you just don't, either way is fine. Thanks for taking the time to watch it and for your sweet words on my playing!

Rickspick: Thanks Rick, glad that you liked it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic