nesh16041972 learning to play Triad acoustic guitar

dennisg

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 am

Hi TG-friends!

It's CSNY-week and I'm just having a blast since this is one my favorite bands ever since I was a child!.....so lots of sentiments in here for me..

I did choose the most serious song of all, what can I say, Crosby has some weird and personal songs (this one is about a love-triangle), but I've always loved this one, very intense....never realized how intense it would be to réally sing it, wich is nothing compared to singing along with the record....takes a lót of energy, that's for sure...!

Anyway, for that I truly hope you will enjoy it! Don't hold your breath, it's a long song, but thanks for checking it out anyway :P !

Cheers

Ness

(Again sorry for all the camera-noise, bought myself a new one, but don't know how to use it just yet, so for now back to the old one.. :( )

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:54 am

Vanessa,

As always... great job!!! That was fast. I tried this the other day but I've got to do some finger stretching to get the index finger going backwards two frets on some of those chords. Always love your videos.

MarkM

suziko

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:10 am

Vanessa,

I didn't know this song when Neil posted it, but I loved being introduced to it through your version. Intense? Yeah! You really captured the pain and yearning in the lyrics of this song. I can tell this is a hard song to play- not just because of the barre chords and such, but the rhythm is really all over the place. Lots of long pauses. But you did it just perfectly. I loved it!

Suzi

beaker

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:11 am

Vanessa, That was a really great job. I love those spooky chords. Beaker.

snipe

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 am

Vanessa,

REallly really nicely done. It had that David Crosby feel to it that you were able to give the song. Thanks for that

Mike

jimcjimc

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:37 am

Vanessa, That was fantastic! Very cool! Jim

BobR

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Vanessa,

Very nicely done. I enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks

dennisg

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:28 pm

I honestly can't imagine David Crosby playing or singing it any better than you, Vanessa. I think you perfectly captured the sort of controlled intensity that's built in to the song, and made it your own. There are some fascinating chords and interesting tempo shifts, all of which you handled beautifully.

Your videos have become something I look forward to very much.

I'll be glad when you switch to the new camera because it sounds like there's a roulette wheel in the background -- but even that couldn't distract me from your incredible performance for very long.

willem

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 pm

I think that's making music,,its not in my ability to say much about this tune/song,,only that i enjoyed it VERY much,,and i(we) are the lucky guy's to meet with you life.....very soon :lol: ,,,thanks Vanessa..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic