sbutler I still can't say goodbye guitar lesson review upload

jimcjimc

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:07 pm

I wasn't familiar with that song - very nicely played!

schm040

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Scott,

I too was grabbed by this one and am very pleased to see that you have uploaded your take on it.

This is one of those songs I start to play when I have run out of musical ideas because it is relaxing and the mostly open chords and regular picking get me settled down.

Seems to me you have a great feel for how the song can go and I enjoyed your performance.

Matt

buddy

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Scott,

Wonderfully played and it is nice to have you break the posting ice. Your playing was very relaxed and clean, wonderful job on this. An added bonus for me is that you played this on a Seagull, what great sounding and playing guitars they
are!

Bud

sbutler

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement....

I knew there wouldn't be a harsh word from anyone of you, but its still pretty easy for us to be our own worst critics, isn't it?

Actually when I think about how I was playing a year ago, its amazing to see what just 8 months of Neil Hogan can to do a person eh?

Willem, as they say, "if your ever in the neighborhood" I'll show you places in a plane that humans haven't had a chance to screw up yet, as they can't get there yet.

And Al, you are on to something. The one thing that I was disappointed in here was the sound (volume) . I actually plugged in the external mic and had it within 24" of the guitar, yet the sound seemed really weak to me. Yesterdays test upload of me in the Chugach mountains, videoing Dall sheep and car sounds in the background hundreds of yards away, but this was weak.

This little Kodak Zi8 video camera is really an easy way to go. I have it set on 780p and the resolution seems to be very acceptable. I was concerned about the lighting here in my little guitar cave upstairs, but that too worked out well. The program that I downloaded the first time I plugged the camera into the PC is very user friendly, even for someone who is computer challenged. It made converting the file type to an MP4 very easy. It took about 25 minutes for the entire song to upload.

All in all the Kodak Zi8 seems to be a very inexpensive way to get the videos uploaded to the internet. I have a small ALESIS amp that has an output jack that can go right to the Kodak, so I'll give that a shot the next time and see how the sound comes out.

Again EVERYONE, thanks for your support and kind words.

Scott

cosmicmechanic

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi Scott, all I can add is that listening to you play this I feel as if I have all the time in the world, no hurry.

Pierre

Lavallee

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi Scott this is great to meet with you.You played very well, it is very smooth and well linked together.

Marc

sbutler

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Pierre, Marc,

Thanks for your response's. I appreciate it a lot.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 am

Very beautiful Scott. Very touchingly played with such a good sound coming out of that Seagull (new strings too?).
Your dad would have loved it.

skaladar

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 am

Hi Scott,

I can't say that I am familiar with this song but it sounded great. Your playing was deliberate yet very relaxed which seems to fit the mood of the song nicely.

Great post. Keep it up!

Ken

sbutler

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm

So everybody, help me here and point me in the right direction if I went wrong. I thought I submitted this for Neils review, but It hasn't seemed to make to the student review page.

What did I do wrong?

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic