MarkM learning Don't Let It Bring You Down guitar lesson

MarkM

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

I was thrilled to see Neil put up this lesson last week. My guitar is tuned down a full step from double drop D to Double drop C which is what Neil Young had done on his Live at Massey Hall album. I just love this tunning. Anyway it is still a work in progress as I've just been messing around with this the past few days. As always I appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks for watching.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

pbraun

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Great job Mark, I couldn't wait to work on this one as well, I think you've nailed it! Of course as soon as I started working on this one Neil puts up Only Love Can Break Your Heart-now another tough choice.
Thanks for putting this up I always enjoy your videos!
Pete

Yamaha48

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Hello MarkM.

That sounds realy good to my ears my friend.
Nice strumming and singing,i like it.
I have watching neils lesson,but i have not find the time
for working on it.
Thanks for sharing Mark.

Cheers.... Anton

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 pm

That sounded like fun Mark! Nice job! I like the monochrome.
If I understood you right you had the guitar tuned like in double dropped D but down a full step so double drop C. Correct?

sbutler

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Hey Mark, you did it. That for me would be a gutsy move, trying to strum and sing at the same time. Your coming right along.

I Really like the sound of that tuning your in. It adds another great dimension to the standard we are used too.

Scott

MarkM

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Pete - As always thank you. You'll have fun with this one.

Anton - Thanks!!!! I've got to go watch you video as well. I've been away for a bit.

Chris - You are correct. Double Drop C or take Double Drop D and tune it down a full step. Thanks!!

Scott - Thanks. Yeah I like that tuning as well.

MarkM

lueders

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Mark, I think that sounded great. I can't think of anything clever to say. (other than that) I like your voice, the tuning and the whole ball o' wax on this. You got a good voice for this down home, folksy stuff and you pick this style of tune up quite quickly.

Cori

BobR

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Mark,

You've got that down really nice. Playing and singing sounded real good and I really enjoyed it. Those alternate tunings are cool.

Thanks for the look

Bob

skaladar

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Mark,

Not a lot of work to do if you ask me. It all sounded great and you look very comfortable with it. I agree, I like the alt tuning.

Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Lavallee

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi Mark, great playing again, nice strumming keeping the beat with your hand. You are gaining confidence in singing, you sound like you are not holding back at all. I hope to get there soon.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic