George Harrison Not for you pt 2 Slide version by rapsidy

BobR

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:32 pm

Brad,

Nice effect using the slide. Great job overall. I hope you're able to do the pic in pic thing at some point and repost. Oh yeah, I didn't look in your pantry either :P

Bob

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks

MarkM

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Brad,

Well done!! I tell you tihis. Apart from looking in your pantry I was looking at your strumming hand and you have a nice even tempo with the ups and downs. Nice timing. That is 75% of the work right there. Easily the smoothest you've been so far. Nice chord changes as you kept them in time too. I wish I could have seen the slide work. Maybe next time on that. Oh and you did have a nice bass run in the second half of the song. Good strong clear notes in that run. Keep it up.

MarkM

RicksPick

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Brad Im so impressed with your progress
thought the first vid was good lol
your voice was a bit low in the mix for me
but overall it was brill

RicksPick

michelew

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Brad,

That's looking REALLY solid. I think it's definitely one of your best performances. You look really confortable, the strumming is rock steady and spot on and your singing is great.

Good on you for giving the slide a go too. Its fun isnt it. It will be good to be able to see it when you get the PIP sorted.

I think this is definitely ready for a show and tell, ready to take on the road.

Great job!

Michele

tovo

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:09 pm

hey Brad. Heaps of improvement. Geez mate, I do believe a green ogre looking suspiciously like me told you to modulate your voice and back it off a little. I reckon you backed it off too much and lost some of your mojo! I reckon I would prefer you to belt it out than hold back too much. Don't be frustrated, in fact ignore me if you like, but keep experimenting with your vocals until you find the right level, which of course will change from tune to tune.

It's a real nice tune isn't it? I'm glad to see you continuously pushing out of your comfort zone. That will definitely make you a better player.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 pm

That was quite enjoyable, Brad, great to see such progress. About voice experiments, how about tilting a bit towards a Dylan rasp for this song?
Might be fun, so many well-known singers have used that approach to give songs a bit of extra character ...

Pierre

rapsidy

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:01 am

WOW over the moon that you liked it ..can stop stressing now :)

to say i'm learning heaps off this site is an understatement.

thanks for all your great words and encouragement at least I have something to base off now.

Tony all is cool B) it wasnt as fun to sing lowering down, but it was comfortable, somehow just need to learn how to modulate properly.. I am going to take some lessons not so I can perform or anything, just so I know more about what? your supposed to do, as I;m just winging it at the moment as I suppose most of us are.

thanks Al for the link will be checking out

Nesh - lol i only put the singy on for the camera otherwise I may offend any children watching, we are having a barmy hot summer here in Perth, its funny i just got back from the beach to read your post, had been swimming until 7:15 pm at the beach I didnt want to get out water was so nice.. but also didnt want to be shark food :S .. the other night I had to get up and have a shower at 1:30am just cold water, no hot as it was just sooooo hot :blink: .. hey Neil gave u great review on your TRIAD ;)

well I'm off to tackle another tune, I got really excited as I've just seen a lesson of LOVE STREET put up B) stay tuned at least Jimmy sings low :)

and just breathe is coming along slowly ....

thanks heaps everyone

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic