George Harrison Not for you pt 2 Slide version by rapsidy

rapsidy

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Guys

Well I have been experimenting with advice given i.e I have tried to tone the vocals down.. I'm sorry I just get excited when I can sort of play a song :woohoo: :woohoo: and instead of spending heaps of time practicing like i should, i just post it up, I try and hold back but I can't.. i' m getting better. I suppose i have the silly fear of .. I see a song I like and that the good players post it up .. then it makes my version look pretty crapy :laugh: so I get in quick . I have taken Al's advice to do my THANG :)

Chris- see CAPO :)

sorry Mark i missed the bass strum on the run down , but if i waited till i get everything right i'll never post.. stupid camera.. I am aware of it though

Well as the above post, instead of practicing the slide until i got it good , i only got it yesterday and couldnt wait to show it off :) Boy what a nightmare trying to synchronize the two videos... just about did my head and patience is.. I got it as close as I could so sorry if it is a bit off..

I dont know if i can or how to do a PIP the PM has been sent , if I can I may post the version of me actually playing the slide i just overlayed in the back ground.

So hope its improved, if not please say so don't be too kind otherwise I wont learn

thanks heaps guys your help is awesome.

special thanks to Chris , Webtvdan, nesh, who have been helping me out in other projects, you guys are all great and helping my playing improve.. I think :blink:

and STOP looking in my pantry :laugh: :silly:

buddy

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:56 am

Brad, So you officially blew me away with this post. This was really great playing an singing. Your progress has just been amazing.

Bud

willem

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:18 am

Hi Brad,look what you manege,,great it was,,i wish i was so far in sychronice thang's up,,i really really enjoy this,,well i love your progress from the beginning...a nice song to put in al kind of playings is ''and i love her'' ,,,goodlook and just do youR THANG..

pbraun

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:09 am

Brad, sounding good, I like the slide. The whole song is sounding real smooth.
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:05 am

Brad, that is so much improved on many levels! The singing is much more comfortable for you so good move on the capo. This is the way you will find your voice on so many songs. Always go for the key which fits your voice! Now you are armed with a capo and know how to use it and have Dan's coaching on board, there's no holding you back on finding the right key. Don't worry about the syncing... it gets better with practice and as your timing becomes more exact it will become easier.
Great job all round Brad, it's fun to see someone take stuff on board and improve so much. Neat coincidence!
I officially like your THANG ;-)
Chris

rapsidy

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 am

Oh man, Brád, I LOVED it!

Hmmm...well I didn't look in your pantry, I am mostly amazed by the fact that it's so warm out there and that you're always barely dressed, haha :P ! So watching you like that and seeing you play and sing this song so comfortably makes me wanna come over and spend the day on the beach and just play and sing together all day long! :cheer:

Great work Brad, enjoyed it very much!!

Ness

Hydroman52

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:50 am

Brad,

Very good. You are progressing well. The improvement in your technique is noticeable. It will be interesting to see how you do with the slide going forward.

Hydroman52

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:03 am

Brad,

Nice slide work there! And yes, it would be nice to see a picture in picture version of this song.
To answer your question about if you can do this in MovieMaker- yes. But it ain't easy to set up!
You actually need to go into the code of WMM and add some lines. This has been discussed in this thread:
http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/4-g ... video.html

My advice would be to download the free version of AVS and see if it works on your system. This is also discussed in the above thread.
AVS makes p in p VERY easy compared to WMM.

Let us know if you have more questions after reading the thread.

Craig

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 am

Brad,
Nice work! It's fun to see you work on things and improve so much. Way to go.
Craig
P.S. I wasn't looking in your pantry, I was trying to see what was put up on your refridgerator! :laugh:

snipe

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

Brad,

Great job! really coming along. I liked the addition of the slide.
you really seem to be learing alot from this site.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic