buddy learning to play IN YOUR ATMOSPHERE acoustic guitar

buddy

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:30 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This is a work in progress that I am looking for some help on. I started the guitar part a few days ago and it still has some rough edges. I still need to do a lot of work on the bridge. This is the first time I played it from memory so I have a few parts of the song out of order.

This song will be a fun and challenging project so I wanted to post it up in pieces as I work on it.

Any help or suggestions to move it along would be appreciated,

Bud

buddy

Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Here is a link to the original song.

schm040

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey Buddy,

Thanks for posting this song. I have not really had much exposure to JM so this is a treat.

I checked out his video too, nice of you to post it also.

One observation just from the two views I did, is that it looks like JM is able to really get a decent up / down bend on those higher strings in the intro riff. It looks like he is intent on getting it, and he might even be shaking the neck of the guitar a bit to help with the bend. Looks kind of painful actually.

It seems you are missing that bending opportunity, and to me that bend is an integral part of the riff.

I would like to learn this song too, so until then, I can only say it sounds as though you have the feel for it and it will turn out great like the rest of your work.

Thanks again.

MattMassachusetts

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Nothing to add here Buddy as I can't comment on the playing but I do like the rane of artist you cover... this guy is completely new to me.

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks

willem

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Buddy,,are the horses still on there places??lol......That is certainly a challenging,,i thought i had one suggestion and that was to play the harmonics with your third finger,but you do,,man what an arrangement,,looking forward to you progress parts,,goodluck..

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 am

New song for me- really like it.

Seems like a great strumming workout-- really interesting pattern.
It seems to be coming along well, Buddy.

Keep us posted..

BobR

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 am

Hi Buddy,

Sounds like it's coming along nicely. I do like John Mayer, but I hadn't heard this one.

Keep on going.

Bob

buddy

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks all for checking this out and for the comments. I hope to have the bugs worked out next week. it is going to be challenge to add the lyrics while playing this tune.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic