buddy learning IN YOUR ATMOSPHERE #2 guitar lesson

buddy

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:33 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This is round two of this song. This is still pretty rough, but I wanted to post it up and get some early feedback on it as I move it along. This is the most complex song I have ever tried to learn. Their are a lot of subtle things going on with the guitar, muting strings, pull offs and hammer-ons etc. The vocals are also very complicated and I still need to work some bugs out on them as well. Really tough one to sing and play at the same time. So here it is with all of its ups and downs. Any constructive feedback to help me move it along is always appreciated.

My thumb is really sore from playing the big E string over the top. :lol:

Bud

snipe

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

Bud,

I really like the tune. Pleasent to listen to. What is your tunning? just wondering. Seems like you know the song, just some more time on it maybe.
As I have said before your vocals, I think, are great .

Mike

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 pm

That looks tricky as hell Buddy. I'm noticing on my songs, with the singing that it's the right hand that has to be spot on the keep the singing timed correctly. I know the left hand is working overtime here but my feeling is that the right hand needs to get the timing nailed down and that will guide you home on the singing and the chord changes.

MarkM

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Bud,

Just watched both of these and you can see remarkable improvement from your first effort. You've picked a pretty tough one to play and sing here. I know you'll get there as your pretty tenacious in learning new songs. Keep up the great work and show us your progress.

MarkM

buddy

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Mike, THe tuning is : low to high E B E F# B E

Thanks for the comments.

buddy

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Howdy Chris, as always I appreciate your suggestions. As you said, the toughest part of a song with this kind of rhythm is to fit the phrasing in correctly while keeping the right hand going. You can really see that in this early version. It took me three days of solid work to figure the vocals out on this thing. I need to get to the point where I am not thinking about singing so I can hold the rhythm as you suggested. Thanks for the constructive input.

Bud

buddy

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Mark, Thanks my friend, your encouragement means a lot on this song.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic