Neil Hogan Quicksand - Parts 1 and 2 by tvarga

tvarga

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:33 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Here's my attempt at the first 2 parts of Quicksand. At first, I felt that the 2nd part was going to be way over my head. However, I just kept working at it and working at it until my fingers started to remember what to do without my consciously having to think about it too much. It's really neat how that works. I swear that I can play this perfectly without the camera on. So, please ignore the ugly flub in middle.

Anyway, I apologize that the string buzz of guitar is getting so bad now. I'm going to bring it in to get worked on now while I wait for part 3. :)

-Tom

buddy

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Tom, I am really impresses with this. It is a joy to watch and hear your fingerpicking. Very technical piece of work and you did a super job on it.

bud

willem

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Tom,,impressed again and glad you have that beautiful taste of guitarplaying,,,hope i get there one day..OH and now i know what Lisa ment,,looks difficult, but so you said you can relax after that,,goodluck on this beautiful tune...

And dont't look angry when you buzz,,lol...thanks

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Haha, I am also really sure about you playing this even better when the camera is off :P , since you've already done a very good job on this!

I gotta hand it to you, doing all those high-level songs is just really inspiring. Because of Lisa's question I did take a look at this song, well you sure nailed that barre-chord!

Thanks Tom, looking forward to the next part (is there a next part?) or otherwise your next video with you tackling another highlevel song!

Ness

Craig

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Tom,
Great job on a beautiful piece of music. I think you are doing a great job. If it makes you feel any better, your playing with the camera on is better than my playing with the camera off! :laugh:
Looking forward to the next part.
Craig

lueders

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Tom, you are truly an inspiration. Thanks for this awesome post!!! You make it look effortless. I hope I can do that one of these days.. Fabulous!! Don't know what else to say?
(It's like Christmas around here tonight...with all these great posts!!!)

haoli25

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 pm

WOW, Tom. You knocked another one out of the ballpark with that one. Excellent job.

Bill

Lavallee

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:55 pm

It is coming out very nicely Tom, very fluid already on a challenging piece.

Marc

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 am

Tom:

Outstanding job on a difficult piece. As usual, the toughest critic is yourself. It is very obvious that you have put a lot of work into this, and it comes out very nicely. Kudos to you for the hard work. Your hand position (both hands) is wonderful. Keep working on this and you'll have the entire song down before you know it. Again, amazing job!

J

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 am

Nice work Tom sounds really sweet!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic