MarkM Dear Prudence guitar lesson review upload

MarkM

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:54 am

I've been working on this song for a few weeks and figured that I would post it up here for review. I'm slowly getting used to certain fingerpicking techniques and this song was next in my progression. The singing was an afterthought as there is no way at this time I can fingerpick and sing at the same time (just getting used to strumming and singing). To many brain cells are being used up as it is. Also this song with just the guitar isn't nearly as interesting. I hope to take what I have learned with this song and try and tackle some other fingerstyle songs in the future. As always, thanks for watching and I look forward to you comments and suggestions.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:04 am

Hi Mark,,i think you did a fine job on this and i can feel and see you put you heart to it...I'm glad you put the singin it as well i know what you mean with the interesting thing and it belong to each other,,thank you for sharing..

lueders

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:59 am

I don't think you give yourself enough credit... sounds like you're timing is good and you're getting good tone. I like the echo-y thing you're doing with the vocals in places as well. I'm more of flat picker myself...but I think your finger picking is gonna be great before not too long.

Cori

pbraun

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:47 am

Mark that was excellent, you have another one nailed down!
Pete

michelew

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:16 am

Mark,

That sounded Fantastic! Your fingerpicking was PERFECT, really beautiful. Your singing was great too, you're getting better with every song.

I loved it.

Great job.

Michele

AcousticAl

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 am

Mark- let's get this straight..
You're an awesome STRUMMER! You're not allowed to get just as good at fingerpicking! (which you're well on your way to doing)

That was great all round, around.. Round, around.. Round, around!!

michelew

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:41 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Mark- let's get this straight..
You're an awesome STRUMMER! You're not allowed to get just as good at fingerpicking! (which you're well on your way to doing)

That was great all round, around.. Round, around.. Round, around!!
Here here! What do you think this is somewhere where you can just learn anything you damn well feel like and get great at it... ?

Come to think of it Al, what do you think you've been doing lately???

m.

Lavallee

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 am

Hi Mark, this sounds perfect to me. The tempo was excellent and the playing very fluid. If anything you might want to check the transition from strumming back to finger picking at the end where you paused and look to your right hand for the position of you hand. Maybe work that transition until you do not need to look so that there is no pause. I had some problems with that as well in Babe I"m gonna leave you.

Marc

dtaylor

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:10 am

Great great gréat job Mark!

Loved it, timing was perfect, notes clean, and your guitar sounded fantastic, beautiful tone. But really you pulled the fingerpicking off just great! Marc L. mentioned the transition, but that's about it, everything else was just very very good in there! (glad to see that the working-hole didn't get to you! :P )

Cheers

Ness

suziko

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 am

Mark,

That was really great! Perfect tempo, beautifully clean notes, great introduction. I started your video and my 8 year old daughter, who was reading across the room from me, looked up from her book and said, "I like that sound." So there you go!! :)

I'm glad you added the vocals to this because, you're right, it's not much fun of a song otherwise. And I thought your vocals sounded good, even better than your last song. It's nice to see you making steady improvement on that.

Well done!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic