JD Loudermilk Windy & Warm by sbutler

sbutler

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sbutler

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Its funny how my fingers go dumb when I turn on the camera. I almost didn't submit this, but then again my one year anniversary of playing is coming up, so maybe I should be fairly proud. This is a fun song, and one that I have worked on all year to get to this point. I was sweating like I could be next for a firing squad, but I managed to get through it, sort of.

Scott

tombo1230

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Oh you're so very right, you shóuld be very proud!

I really enjoyed it a lot! I liked your timing and dynamics, I would have loved to see your left hand doing whatever it is doing though, but it sounded great to me, so I'm sure it was doing a very good job there! :P

And the camera-nerves, I think most of all know all about it.... :blink: :( but I'm very glad you posted this anyway, was great seeing you again!

Cheers

Ness

lueders

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Scott, nerves aside, I think that sounded darn good! If I went to an open mike and you played it just like you did here. I certainly wouldn't ask for my money back. I thought it was pretty solid. I've messed with it some. I think it is one of those tunes that needs to be played about a ba-zillion times.. to where you have the muscle memory down.(But then again when isn't it?)In other words, to have total command of every single accent the way you want, it is a heck of a lot of work on a piece like this. And you did a great job.

Cori

reiver

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Scott

I agree with Vanessa - you should feel VERY proud of this. All those of us who have submitted videos know exactly what you mean about camera nerves and we can empathise with you completely. I thought you did a great job with this - I'd never have suspected that you'd only been playing for a year. Many congratulations.

Stuart

........and yeah, it would have been nice to see your left hand!

Lavallee

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi Scott great job, within a year to play that song is amazing. I have been playing for much longer and after 8 months it is still not right. You have all the rights be be proud, if not I will be for you.

Marc

sbutler

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Sorry about the left hand guys, I didn't realize that it wasn't showing. It wasn't a ventriloquist act, I promise. The left hand is extra huge, like the right one, so it hides a lot anyway. lol

As for the nerves, I was hit with something today that all adult children of older parents have to face. I'm flying out of Alaska in the morning to the mid-west to have the talk with a parent that we all dread. So me getting through this song with some degree of entertainment today was a challenge I made to myself, just to have something to focus on.

So Vanessa, Marc, Cori and Stuart, thank you so much for your support. I still need to work on the distance and angle from this new little camera. I'm really not at all happy with the sound, but maybe if I do this enough, I'll figure it out.

I have another song in the works to upload, but after my version of Still Can't say Goodbye got lost in TG cyberspace with them not being able to find it.. I was afraid this might be all for not. At least as far as Neils review. Maybe he'll see this one.

Thanks again all for your kind words and support.

jayswett

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 pm

That was very good. Congrats on such progress in a year.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Scott that was sounding just great. One year? Man that sounded like a whole lot more than that¨Keep these videos coming, cyberspace only has so much space to fill before at least one of your vids survives the transporter (Scotty must have been busy with the Warp drive!).

beaker

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Scott, that was really great. The first thing I noticed was the nice controlled tempo, it was easy to see that you were getting in all of the details. I suspect you have been practicing w a metronome, and I gotta say it has paid off. I also really liked the way that you ended it. Cool! Nice one! Beaker.

One year????? Really???.... Wow!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic