wammer

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Scott

That was really great....wow only a year playing....you should be very proud

Tammy

tovo

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey Scott,

I can only echo what our fellow members have said. There were large parts of that tune that sounded absolutely spot on and while they was some slight hesitations, my short experience is that it's better to slow down a bit as you did, than to race through a difficult few measures and totally blow it. You were controlled and at times, I saw you bopping to this very infectious tune and that's when you were in the zone with it so to speak.

1 year of playing? Man thousands of people would kill to be at your level full stop, and for your level of experience it's fantastic. It's also a great advertisement for TG.

I would think this is an absolute certainty to attract a review from Neil and I look forward to his tips on how to take it to the next level. It's a great tune and one (among seemingly thousands) I would like to take on.

great work Scott.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Congratulations Scott, you really have got something worthwhile to show for your year's (!?!) effort.
Hopefully those who have endured the early stages of your practicing are now suitably impressed. I sure am.

Pierre

buddy

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Scott,

Super job ! Man your hard work is paying off. Must be those dark Alaska winter days :-)

sbutler

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:08 pm

You know guys, its your support that helps make all this work. Its your support that gives me the reminder that we are all at different levels and I won't be judged against some of you that really make these guitars smoke. MarkM going to actually see Neil and being challenged to study theory challenged me to study more.. You all submitting your own videos, allowed me to see Neils reviews and more tips, that challenged me to practice more. So much more that sometimes I think I'm possessed, or at least obsessed. I have put in time, but its a labor of love as you all are fully aware.

Buddy, you cranking one out everyday, Tony and Tammy, Beaker and Pierre and yeah you Chris, you guys really inspire me to keep going. Heck maybe someday I'll add this raspy voice to a song. But that's a ways down the road.

Thank you all for the look and the support.

Scott

haoli25

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 am

Hey Scott, SHOW OFF!!! :) Just one year of playing and you can do that? I think that is amazing. Clearly you have put it a lot of work on this song and it shows. As others have said, you should be very proud of this one. Thanks for sharing it.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:48 am

Outstanding for one year playing. You should be proud of that great effort. You absolutely nailed most of the bends which are troublesome in this tune.

Well done mate

Chas

willem

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 am

Scott am i to late to say you can be proud playing that tune like that?? no i don't think so,, you can...i enjoyed it very much..thank you..this is really inspireing..

tvarga

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 am

Scott, that was fantastic. You should definitely be proud of that effort and bravo for putting up the video. No one knows more than me how the camera can reduce one's ability to nil. :) I've uploaded quite a few and my nerves are still my biggest issue. Hopefully with practice, we'll all get better at it!
-Tom

NKenny

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 am

Scot

That was great, hard to believe you have been playing only one year. You must have spent every hour of that year practicing. Timing was fantastic and clear notes rang out. Amazing what a little camera can do to you, I still can't seem to do it.

Kenny

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic