JD Loudermilk Windy & Warm by sbutler

skaladar

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 am

Happy One Year Anniversary Scott :-)

I thought that was great. I can't even imagine being able to play this song after only one year. IIRC I was still strumming basic open chords and still fumbling around at that point. Your hard work sure shows ... camera-nerves aside, your timing, finger picking, bends, slides, everything is testement to how much time you put into it. Well done! Now just think of what the next year will bring :-)

Ken

snipe

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:49 am

Scott,

Im echoing the 1 yr. Wow.. Imagine what you will be like in 2yrs? 3 yrs??? I cant comment on it technically but, If I was to take on that song and If I could play it that well I would be Damn happy with myself!!

Keep up the great work
Mike

MarkM

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 pm

1 Year??? Are you kidding me?? Wow that was really good Scott. I quite enjoyed this performance. Your hard work is paying off big time. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to others to come.

MarkM

BigBear

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Scott- Great job! Fantastic!

This song is my scourge! I've been working on it off and on for a year now and I'm just about where you are. It is a tough song and you nailed it! Your musicality is better than mine and I struggle to get that bouncy feel just right.

There are several things you did that I really liked and I'm going to go to school on you. It might help my flow.

Thanks for sharing this and congratulations on a terrific video and performance! Well done indeed!

Cheers! :cheer:

suziko

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Scott,

Really nice job on Windy and Warm, one of my absolute favorite guitar instrumentals. I worked on this for a while about 6 months ago and finally put it aside because I just didn't feel ready for it. It's a challenging piece, but boy is it pretty. I agree that it would be nice to see your left hand, but I'm sure that's something you'll work on in later videos. I can't really give you any technical advice- it'll be nice for you if Neil decides to give you a student review- but I'll (like everyone else) say you've got a lot to be proud of. If you've only been playing for a year, you've clearly put tons of time and effort into it and it has paid off.

Thanks for posting. This was a real treat.

Suzi

RicksPick

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Go Scott Go

Brill tune done very nice indeed

1 year wow thats dedication

Congrats

RicksPick

michelew

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 am

Scott,

One year?? GYeesh! Awesome progress.

That sounded just great. You've obviously put a lot of work into it. And you're not far from having it under your belt I'm sure.

Amazing job.

And in additional to your left hand, I'd like to see your whole head the whole time. Oh and can you get a furry lizard in the background.

Thanks

Michele

mbleier

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Man that was Great! I know there were some stumbles but it definitely seems like they were things you can do you just messed up this time. I really like how at the turn around towards then end you slowed and kind of had it wind down to then pull back into the main lick again really giving it some emphasis. Great work and I am definitely jealous as I have put some time into this one and am still a long long way off from what you are putting out. Thanks for sharing.
Mike

sbutler

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks Mike and everyone else that i didn't thank before.

Its been a labor of love and I'm still working on it. Our guitar instructor challenged me to work on a few things and send in another video to show that I have indeed worked on it. So I'm accepting that challenge. However, I broke all but one of the nails of my picking finger off at work last week, and the sissy volume that I had in the video is worse now.

So when the pickers grow back, hopefully I'll get another go at it.

Scott

BobR

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Scott,

Not sure how I missed this. So that's what a year looks like :laugh: . Excellent Job You should be VERY PROUD.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic