>> Todays Target Student Video review by Neil - Alison by Lueders

TGMatt

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Today's Target members only Student video reply by Neil is for Alison by Lueders

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... iew_id=675

lueders

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:38 pm

This was not my best work, at least I hope it wasn't...This lesson taught me that changing from: straight to syncopated rhythms, & then finger picking to strumming, and back and forth. Can be real tricky business...

And Neil, I think you hit the nail on the head...Sometimes when I get to an easier passage I think: "Yipp-ee, I'm home free now." So in this case the two parts just didn't match up. I've played it like a bazillion times since. I've experimented with it: strumming all the way through(much closer to the style of your lesson), finger-picking all the way through, and a combination like I did in the upload. The first two ways seem to work much better because they are more uniform tonally and it is easier to keep the time. (Which I have a better idea of now... it was usually those pesky dotted half notes that messed me up) I'm happy to say I have got it working a lot better now. When my wife sings over the top of it is in sync at least. (Half wish I had waited till I had it a little more polished before posting)... ahh, but then I think. what the heck its all part of the journey, right? And I 'spose I was experimenting a whole lot with the arrangement, so I guess I'm not too embarrassed overall. lol

"Thanks for the review Neil.I appreciate it a lot! I'll keep working on the tune. And I'll get the metronome out way more often...I don't do that near as much as I should. Means a lot, Neil. Appreciate it greatly, Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic