MarkM learning to play Helplessly Hoping acoustic guitar

sbutler

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Mark,

I loved it. I've suggested this song as a lesson and I've tried several times to figure it out on my own, but I think you nailed it. Its one of the
GREATS CS&Y did in my opinion, and you did it proud.

Great job buddy!

Scott

MarkM

Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Craig - Thank you!! It's slowely coming along.

Jeff - Thank you!! I guess I just have to practice the whole singing thing as well. If I can get anywhere near as good as you I'll be pretty pleased.

Willem - Thank you for the kind words. Its pretty tough learning a song that Neil isn't teaching. The good news is that it does get a bit easier as time goes by.

Michele- Well thank you so much. I wouldn't say master but slow progression is what its all about. As long as I don't pick up any bad habbits that makes me take two steps backwards.

Vanessa - Thanks for showing me this. Yup looks like my tempo wasn't too off from this. I've been playing around with this, using the capo up and down the neck. I hope to have an update that I'll put into busking thread later this weekend. Its all trial and error here.

Scott - Thanks!!! Yeah this is one of my favorites as well. Just love this one. It took me a while to figure it out but I'm glad I did. It's actually not that hard once you get the picking patter down.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic