>> Todays Target Student Video review by Neil -Windy And Warm By Scott

TGMike

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Check out Scott playing Windy and Warm. Nice work!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... iew_id=693

ceaser67

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Scott,

great fingerpicking you done a great job there,well done

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

sbutler

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Neil,,

Thanks so much for your critique of my submission. I'm really glad I finally got the technology and the guts send it in. Still a work in progress on both parts but its coming. You did after all, challenge me in your review of my "Still can't say goodbye" to do something a little more difficult and here it is.

I like your pointers on keeping the base line going. I really try to focus on that, but as you mentioned, its easy to loose the rhythm. So I'll focus a little harder.

The volume, or lack of volume is also a good thing I need work on. I've tried it with a thumb pick to get more volume, but the precision leaves something to be desired.

Something else that I try to concentrate on more as I get better, is to make the notes ring longer somehow before I go to the next note. It seems as though that is a result of timing between each hand and the brain and I want to get much better at that.

As for the time I've been playing, well I learned some basic chords over 40 years ago and went that long without touching any guitar. I bought an old beater off of Craigslist a few months before I found TG, but I didn't do much more than re-acquaint myself with those basic first position chords. You my friend have done all the rest. Well, I do practice at least two hours a day. Usually more. But with good instruction and a dedication to get it right, I'm trudging right along.

I figure if I live another 40 years, by about 93 I might be as good as you, but I doubt it.

Thanks again Neil, i really appreciate your taking time for my song.

Scott

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic