Neil Hogan Quicksand - Parts A through D by tvarga

tvarga

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:07 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I had my guitar in the shop for over a week, so I got a little rusty on the earlier parts. I'm also trying heavier (medium) strings which has been pretty challenging and I'm not sure that I'll stick with them. I'm now heading out for a 10 day vacation so I wanted to upload what I've got so far for parts A through D because I'll surely lose a lot after so much time off. It's pretty much impossible for me not to flub a few parts on such a long song. So, I only did 2 takes and am uploading the one where I did better on the new stuff.

Neil, I've tried incorporating your various suggestions so far, but it didn't work yet on the video so I probably reverted to my original methods. I'll keep working on it though... I don't think you need to do a review on this one yet. Maybe after learning the final part of the song and attempting to incorporate your feedback it would be more useful.

-Tom

schm040

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Way to go Tom. I like how you go ahead and post as you are working through the song. One observation, you might be missing that E on the 5th fret second string at the end of the first measure of the C section. (repeats again later)

I just started working on this too and it is quite fun and challenging.

You inspire me to keep working on it.

MattMassachusetts

MarkM

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 am

Tom,

Great progress on a very tough song. You give hope to us mere mortals. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your time away.

MarkM

BobR

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 am

Tom,

This is sounding really nice. A couple buzzes here and there but I thought overall it sounded good. Kudos on a tough song.

Thanks for sharing and have a great vacation.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic