Neil Young don;t let it bring you down-meloday by pbraun

pbraun

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

pbraun

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:51 pm

When Neil put up Don't Let It Bring you Down I had to try it. It was the first time I tried the double drop D tuning and I couldn't stop there. There is plenty of more work to do with all three songs here including tying them together. I the singing is even more difficult but I had to try. Anyway, I not think one guitar will always stay in a drop tuning now, I enjoy the sound, and maybe it helps cover the mistakes better!
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Looks like you were having fun there Pete! Nice job on NY. Thanks for sharing.
Is that a Simon and Patrick Maple your playing there?
Chris

haoli25

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Pete, you made me smile during the entire performance!

So great to watch you play these songs and such a good idea to do a medley!

I'll leave the advice to our TG-Master, like I said, I really really enjoyed it!

Cheers

Ness

Lavallee

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi Peter, nice mix you did. Your strumming is very good now. Only for Cinnamon Girl where on the main riff you only give downstroke. I would suggest to have a constant up and downs as the rhythm get lost especially when moving on the 3rd an5th fret going to the main riff. The constant strumming would help keeping the rhythm.

You have progressed so much since the first video.

Marc

MarkM

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Pete,

Nice job!!! I can see your getting more comfortable with these songs. I think The Loner was your best of the bunch. If I'm not mistaken I believe that you have been practicing this one for a while now. Your hard work is paying off. As for Don't Let it Bring You Down you are well on your way. Nice singing and the chords were right there. The only thing I would suggest on that song is to find Neil Youngs version on YouTube and play along with it to get the hang of the strumming. Actually following our Neil's "play through" will do the trick as well as its the same DDD tuning. I did that and it helped tremendously. I really enjoyed this Pete. Thanks for sharing it with us. Yup are are right in that this tunig can get addictive and you'll need another guitar just for it. Lots of fun as you just showed us.

MarkM

BobR

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi Pete,

Three of my favorite NY songs. You gotta love the double drop D tuning. Your doing a real nice job , keep at it. Thanks for sharing your medley of hits! !

Bob

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 am

Now that was nice to see a Sharky medley, I agree with MarkM the loner was the stand-out for me of the three. Advice I guess the best thing would be to accompany Neil's play along videos and maybe say hello to the metronome.

Having followed your playing it is obvious to see some good progress.

Good on ya mate

jayswett

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 am

Very nice. I would suggest you go back and see your first video to appreciate how far you have come as a guitarist. Impressive and inspiring. Your singing was quite good as well.

willem

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:42 am

Pete,,just great,,i steal some words and say big smile over here and i think it stay's the whole day,,what a great idea to do NY medley,,some day i tune down and go for it,you was the inspire for that,,

Man i hope Neil gonna give you one big review 'cos we all get something out of that ..

When i listen to NY i can't listen the whole cd 'cos i can be a bit depressed to the many high vocals,,i enjoy your singin and that inspired me too,,well it are great songs and tune my one guitar down could give a nice repetior for a lot of minutes...thanks Pete it was great,,big smile over here..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic