Jethro Tull Wond'ring Aloud by dtaylor

dtaylor

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 pm

My first attempt at singing and playing, this song was new to me but I fell in love with it instantly and thought it would be a rewarding challenge... I had no idea how difficult it would be.
Having learnt to play the song, to then do it while singing was unbelievably difficult.
I must have spent 5 times longer on learning to sing than I did learning to play.
Still a work in progress so advice from singers would be very welcome.

Dean

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 pm

BRAVO, Dean. I am a huge JT fan. I can only imagine how difficult that song was for you, but you made it look effortless. The playing and the singing were right on the money. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill

lueders

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Dean, (Or should I say Ian) nice job!!! HOLY-MOLY you Rule! Dean, man is that impressive. That has got to be so
hard to pull off! I have nothing for you but praise, Man! WOW! Thanks for this super awesome post!

buddy

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Wow Dean, you just blew my socks off with this !!! Superb job on a challenging one to play and sing. Super playing and singing. Would love to see more video posts from you as your are very talented and a joy to watch.

Bud

BigBear

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Dean-Fantastic job! Well done indeed! Ian would be proud.

This song is pretty easy to play until you try singing it and then it gets a whole lot harder doesn't it?

Well, you nailed it! Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

jimcjimc

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 pm

Dean, Great job! I haven't looked at any of the jethro tull lessons yet. That looked like it had some challenging parts to play, let alone the singing. I thought your singing was great! I don't think I have listed to Jethro Tull in the last 20+ years, but it definitely is recognizable as sounding like JT/Ian.

Jim

Lavallee

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Great job Dean , your singing is excellent and your playing is perfect to me: good hammer ons and quick alternate picking.
Love it

Marc

jayswett

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:52 am

That was very impressive. I have not heard the JT version, but I certainly liked yours. Well done.

sbutler

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:24 am

Dean, if that was your first attempt at singing, your scary. Scary great. Its yours man. The only reason you need to play this anymore is for fun. No need to practice.

GREAT JOB

Scott

willem

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:17 am

Dean,,this is just so great you did there,, i study this song a bit from a standaard notation and i can tell you how difficult it is to sing the harmonies(vocals) on the strum/pickins and i think you did it,,well if i could do this your way i should be very happy and PROUD,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic