tovo learning Streets of London guitar lesson

buddy

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Tony, That really is a gorgeous guitar !!!! Your shiny head looks great to and you should be proud of it. You are making that Travis picking look nice a natural. Bang up job on this !!!!!

haoli25

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Bravo, Tony. That was excellent. I really enjoyed watching your video. You really made that song your own, don't change a thing. I agree with Michele, there is an Open Mic Night in your future. Thanks so much for posting your video.

Bill Image

beaker

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Tony, that was really great. Nice & steady. That guitar looks really nice too, must be a pleasure to play. Beaker.

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:12 am

Whoa blinded B) Hats are good :laugh:

Well played Tony, yup open mic beckons.

Lavallee

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:14 am

Nice work Tony, you are doing a very nice show , definitely ready for open mic. I really enjoyed that the bass notes sounded nice and clear on the E string particularly with the pinky and the ring finger. It is really easy to muffle the bass notes but they sound clear. Great song for your voice too.

Marc

willem

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:16 am

Fine job Tony,,i never worked on travis picking untill last week so i know a bit of keeping it lets say steady for a view minutes so i much respect you,i think it is great to have that style under the strings..

ps it could be a nice song line ''i love my bald head and it loves me''

dennisg

Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:07 am

This is really impressive, Tony. Your picking was solid and confident, and your tempo was metronome-like. (Metronome-ish? Metro-gnome?) And, as always, your singing seems to add something very special to your videos. I know from chatting with you that this is a song that means a lot to you and one you've put quite a bit time into. It's really paid off.

tovo

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:03 am

Hey Bud. You know I like to go into stores and play a few instruments. I really like that. So far nothing comes close to the Taylor. For the 1st time it's easy for me to walk out empty handed. Thanks for the compliments on the tune.

Thanks Bill, I do like the tune. It would be a contender if I were to play in public.

Beaker the guitar is just a beauty to play for sure. Come over and have a play!

Chas...the lord made a few perfect heads. On all the others he put hair. Thanks mate!

Marc thanks for the support. You always strive to make useful comments and I appreciate that very much.

Thanks Willem. I really enjoy the picking and hope to get better with practice.

Den thanks man. Indeed I have worked for a while on this and have enjoyed that process. I played with a mate today and found my next tune.

mark

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 am

I think this a really good song. Sadly it's as relevant today as it was 40 or so years ago when it was written.

You did a really good job on this.The bass is nice and steady.
I think it will just take a bit of time to really get comfortable with it

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 am

Hi Tony. That was very enjoyable and sounded really good on the picking and singing... a perfect song for which you do more than justice to. This is one which will become a main stay in your repertoire and is already open mic material for you. So great job on getting this song so well sorted. Polished job all round! ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic