nesh16041972 If you could read my mind guitar lesson review upload

sbutler

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Vaness, you may or may not know, but I flew down to California this week and not only had a real lesson with MY guitar teacher, but I picked up my new Taylor 414ce that was so generously donated by our fellow member haoli Bill.

I just love the sound and playablility of this guitar. Its a finger stylists dream. When I got back home, I started work on two new songs. Helplessly hoping. A song that I believe I suggested first 371 days ago on the Recomend a lesson tab.

The other song that I started working on is If you could read my mind. The picking pattern was a little difficult for me to pick up at first. But once my brain learned there was a new way to go, it came along quickly.

Now for the heart of my comment. I am using your video to practice with. Thats right, the famous Ness is my lead singer, and I'm playing back up guitar to her. It sounds pretty dang good if you ask me. Hopefully I'm not infringing on some of your professional copy right stuff. I can't afford being sued.

So as long as I can still find your upload, I'm playing to your singing. And thats just the way it is.

Thanks again for you upload. I really admire your playing.

Scott:)

willem

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:53 pm

sbutler wrote:
Vaness, you may or may not know, but I flew down to California this week and not only had a real lesson with MY guitar teacher, but I picked up my new Taylor 414ce that was so generously donated by our fellow member haoli Bill.

I just love the sound and playablility of this guitar. Its a finger stylists dream. When I got back home, I started work on two new songs. Helplessly hoping. A song that I believe I suggested first 371 days ago on the Recomend a lesson tab.

The other song that I started working on is If you could read my mind. The picking pattern was a little difficult for me to pick up at first. But once my brain learned there was a new way to go, it came along quickly.

Now for the heart of my comment. I am using your video to practice with. Thats right, the famous Ness is my lead singer, and I'm playing back up guitar to her. It sounds pretty dang good if you ask me. Hopefully I'm not infringing on some of your professional copy right stuff. I can't afford being sued.

So as long as I can still find your upload, I'm playing to your singing. And thats just the way it is.

Hi Scott,,i think i know Vanessa well enough that she is only being glad that she could share her music and that she inspirated you ,,i think you could read her mind!!!

michelew

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:31 pm

OMG Scott :ohmy: ! You áctually had a real lesson with OUR ;) TG-Master??!

I'm envious for both, meeting Neil and picking up this Taylor (although I love my own guitars), so great to hear that you enjoy the guitar so much! How did the real lesson go??

And what can I say, I am so very véry honored that you use my video to play along, sooooo very sweet to let me know!!! :cheer:

In truth, I really hope for you to upload it when you got it down completely, would lóve to see it!

Thanks again,

cheers

Ness

sbutler wrote:

tombo1230

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:32 pm

You're so very very right Willem! :P

willem wrote:
sbutler wrote:

Hi Scott,,i think i know Vanessa well enough that she is only being glad that she could share her music and that she inspirated you ,,i think you could read her mind!!!

rapsidy

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:52 am

Hi ness

that was fabulous, really loved it great playing nice soft touch and singing was great it all came across really well. congrats B) B) B) B)

what guitar do you have?

Brad

willem

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:33 pm

ness

After six months I am still in awe of your cover of this song! Now that I've "buttered you up" may I ask a question or two?

I listen to your intro and to Neil's and they don't seem the same. Are you playing like this: 6,2,3,4,2,3,4,3 OR 6,3,2,4,3,2,4,3? Or do you you switch them around as Neil does?

By the way, input from anyone is welcome.

Samster

tombo1230

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm

:blush: :) :cheer:

Thank you Samster!

If we don't exactly play the same, that might be very true, since I did just switch them around and played them randomly, as Neil wants us to. So I have absolutely no idea what I've played here, I only followed the pickingpattern, thumb 2 fingers, thumb 2 fingers, thumb one finger. To me, I kinda automatically play what sounds nice to my ears, that's about it, but I'm sure it might be different every time I play it.

So really Sam, you should do so as well or otherwise follow the tab if you want to follow anything specific. I think Neil does follow this tab for the most part of his play-along, but the preview or play through is again just randomly picking.

Thanks again Sam, it's always nice to hear such a comment! :)

Ness

TwoCatSam wrote:
ness

After six months I am still in awe of your cover of this song! Now that I've "buttered you up" may I ask a question or two?

I listen to your intro and to Neil's and they don't seem the same. Are you playing like this: 6,2,3,4,2,3,4,3 OR 6,3,2,4,3,2,4,3? Or do you you switch them around as Neil does?

By the way, input from anyone is welcome.

Samster

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks for that explanation, ness.

I have somewhat an engineer's brain, so I always look for a blueprint or schematic. Can't dance because of that!! :laugh:

Anyway, I'm sure it will "click" sooner or later like DITW did. Just hope it doesn't take a year!

Please do more videos!

TCS

thereshopeyet

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks

montehill

Sun May 27, 2012 11:31 am

WOW! That was great! Enjoyed listening to you play!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic