Green Lake Band Old Man by heatndude

michelew

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Yep awesome is a good word for that performance, the sound at any rate.

So who's been taking lessons from Daryl then???

The song sounded terrific.

M.

tovo

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Hey that was great. Very good quality in sound and picture, and the song was good also!

I know this can be a sensitive subject so I will tread carefully. Hydro I am wondering about your background. Do you have mixed parentage? I have never seen a guy with a black face and white hands before.

BobR

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:35 pm

That was really great guys! !!

I am glad I saw the trailer so i knew there was multiple talent there :laugh: :laugh: More please ...

Bob

millponddave

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Once again, Great job. I enjoyed it very much.

Dave

Hydroman52

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 am

Well, I sure had a lot of fun jamming with Mark and Jerry. The time went by all too fast. Mark got us onto some good songs that Jerry and I decided to put into our weekly practice sessions. I’m still trying to figure out all the glyphs and cryptic notes on his music that he let us copy.

And, yes . . . . we did take the ultimate break to have pizza and a beer. After picking it up at the pizza joint, we had to bee-line it back, because the steam was just pouring out of the boxes and we were HUNGRY! What could be better than that . . . . . . except Jerry’s great story about buying his bass equipment many years ago from a local band called Underground Sunshine. Does anyone remember them from their big hit in 1969?

Underground Sunshine's big hit

Underground Sunshine's background

As far as the video recording, I think it turned out well considering all that Mark did was turn the camera on, set it on an end table, and point it in the general direction of all the noise. He didn’t really have a lot of options or time to adjust. This is really my fault. I should have remembered my camera (would have had two angles then), and I could have had a little less debris in the room. I think the Flip camera has a tripod mount, too. That was one thing that I did remember . . . . bring the tripod . . . . . forget the camera. But I was so zoned out on playing music, I didn’t even think to set up the tripod. Sheeeez!

We were set up for and concentrating more on playing music than blocking it out for a Spielberg quality video. Add to that getting those first jam jitters out of the way, new equipment, new environment, etc., etc., excuses, excuses . . . . . . Next time, we’ll spend some more time on the video stuff. Or we could always have Stuart fix this up with some of his green screen magic.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone . . . .

A few more notes:

Chris, we aren’t going to take Mark out and shoot him, because who would we get to play the solos on Amie?

Willem, Take a man's shoes off and he is instantly relaxed and more comfortable . . . . . with tapping socks.

Tony, I think it's the camera angle . . . . . . it's not my best side. My friends are constantly telling me "Hey, at this angle and in this light, you look just like a Nady pop filter." Go figure . . . . .

Chas, Wilson's my hero.

Hydroman52 (aka Rick)

Almost forgot . . . . . . Willem, I think most this stuff was one take. As I recall, we started going through it in alphabetical order. We had a lot of territory we wanted to cover. Mark probably remembers more than I do

RicksPick

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:14 am

Guys this is quality
Great to see youy having a ball
Thanks

RicksPick

lueders

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 am

This was such a spirited and well-done job on this fellas! Hydro you got REAL good command of the tune there. Love to watch you play. You beat the hell out of it in this song just like it calls for...the way Neil does it. (same as Heart of Gold...maybe even more so.) Just great stuff.

To all involved this was just really fun to watch. The auditory experience wasn't too bad either. Really dug it. Thanks for great cover, fellas.

Cori

cosmicmechanic

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Finally I got here ... Hey, you guys are tight, captivating from end to end !

Now I'm running off to see the other post you put up from the same session.

AcousticAl

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:16 pm

What's a plane ticket cost to the next one??

Great job again. They keep getting better!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic