buddy learning to play ANTS MARCHING acoustic guitar

buddy

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Here the progression of Ants Marching. Any comments or suggestions to help move it along would be appreciated. It has taken quite an effort to get it to the point where I can play it and sing it at the same time.

Thanks TG

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cosmicmechanic

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Buddy, you sent me off on a Youtube fact-finding mission again ... I had never heard of this damn crazy Dave Matthews tune before.

I listened to 2 concert versions - one at Central Parc (huge venue, a full band, magnificently dynamic !) and the other more funky, acoustic alone.

Then I looked up the lyrics B)

THEN and ONLY THEN could I have any inkling what you are on to.

Your version is VERY IMPRESSIVE ... no overstatement. And I now have discovered another of Dave Matthew's masterpieces.

I think that this post of yours deserves more response from us at TG ... so much going on here that it took me awhile to peek in, and like I said, I did have to do some homework to get it. But I am the richer for it.

Holy smokes, great tune, super performance !

Pierre

Lavallee

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Buddy, I agree very tricky riff to keep up with and tough signing . I noticed particularly at around 2:40 where there is a very long phrase and the chord progression changes and you do it effortless.

Very very good video , and the Taylor sounds magnificent.

You have a lot of talent

Marc

MarkM

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:52 am

Buddy,

Wow!! Lots of stuff going on with this one. I'm not that familiar with this one. However one can easily see all the hard work you have put into this. Tempo, chords, phrasing of the lyrics... Its all there. I noticed you softened up the pick a bit on the strumming part. Its sounds smooth. Nothing I can add here execpt that your just about there. A few more run throughs and you'll be doing this at open mic!!!!

MarkM

buddy

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Pierre, Really glad I could introduce you to this song. It really is a unique piece of musical genius from Dave Mathews.

Marc, Appreciate you checking this out and thanks for your comments.

Bud

BobR

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Buddy,

I thought you did a real nice job on this. I am a big DM fan and you've definitely got the Dave Matthews sound going.

Thanks for another DM post.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:32 am

No one can say you aren't challenging yourself with this one Buddy! Complicated song to get even half right and this is already pretty damn good! Looks like a lot of work and sounds like a lot of fun..... great job again!

dennisg

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Yeah, the whole darned thing is syncopated. I can totally see why this would be so hard to play and sing at the same time. But, by golly, you pulled it off, Buddy. Great job on a hugely difficult song.

buddy

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Bob, Thanks my man !

Chris, Appreciate you constant encouragement my friend.

Dennis, Thanks, I could not have pulled it off without the new Taylor !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic