Green Lake Band Heart Of Gold by heatndude

heatndude

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:25 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

heatndude

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:39 pm

This is a little of before and after while we try to figure out the next tune to play. You can hear Jerry warming up on the bass and myself on the guitar, Hydro is hiding from the camera somewhere but he jumps right in and away we go. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did ! There will be more to come

suziko

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Awesome job, guys. That was some sweet harp playing. Who was doing that part?

heatndude

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:49 pm

That was Jerry on Bass and harp to right side of the screen, I was on the left playing guitar with a big Bose PA system behind me that sounds very nice.

Thanks for watching Suzi, maybe you could join us one of these times. You will have to be in charge of the camera because I suck !

cosmicmechanic

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Just gréat guys, enjoyed this one very much as well!!! :cheer:

And yep, fantastic harp-playing! Been trying to play one the last couple of weeks, well I admire it even more so, haha! :P

Thank you very much for sharing, just great to hear!

Ness

btw....am very curious for this NY-song wich was played at the very end! ;)

wammer

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Seems like you guys had a really good time....Thanks for sharing it with us

Tammy

millponddave

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Way cool guys. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Dave

Hydroman52

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 am

This one surprised me that it turned out as well as it did. Jerry and I had talked about playing it a while ago and maybe ran through it once, but I had never heard him play harmonica on it before this. In fact, we didn’t even have common sheet music to follow until Mark shared his TG information. As you can see, I am bringing the copies back from the office in the beginning of the video. But Jerry must have been working on this one on his own, because he had his own notes on the song.

So this is probably the first time that Jerry and I have played this one all the way through. I’m not sure how much time Mark had practiced on it, but you can hear him stand out with that nice descending bass line. Come to think of it, this may be only the second time I’ve tried to sing it. And Jerry is experimenting with harmonies at the end.

Oh, well . . . . . you’re getting to see it, warts and all! That’s what jamming is all about.

Thanks for posting this one, Mark. We'll have it to review at our next practice session on Wednesday.

Hydro

Vanessa, The song at the end was a very sloppy beginning to Harvest (Did I see you down in a young girl's town, with your mother in so much pain? I was almost there at the top of the stairs . . . . . . ). Jerry is adding some spontaneous harmonies. I think the song died shortly after the video ends. It's a simple and interesting song.

willem

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:21 am

AN other great cover and well done,,,hey yeah,i hope Suzy will join you guy's one day,,she lives there i think,,Suzy that would be great...thank you guy's..

pbraun

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 am

Great job, sounded like alot of fun!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic