mark learning to play Romanza acoustic guitar

mark

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:08 am

Pierre - thanks, yes I've definately spent a long timeplaying this song

Marc - Neil recommends that slight splitting of the bass and treble on quite a lot of songs. It gives just that little bit of extra expression

Tony - quite generous with only 4. I look forward to the day I can get through with no mistakes. It's never happened yet!

Rick - your support means a lot to me as I know you always give an honest opinion. The chords in the second part are difficult and I had to try a variety of fingers to at least give me a fighting chance ofgetting it right

Michele - thanks, having long fingers is almost like cheating

Craig - thanks a lot, I've been working hard on trying to get more feeling into my playing

Anton - thanks - I like the harmonic at the end as well

Nesh - I've had a bit of a hate hate relationship with vibrato. I find classical style vibrato doesn't work so well on a steel string.
Thanks for the reminder. If I don't regularly try it, it will never get better

tom - thanks very much for your comment

beaker

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 am

Mark, that was outstanding. I really liked it. Beaker.

BobR

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:59 am

Mark,

That was exceptional. Just great to listen to and watch how fluid you are with it.

Great job

Bob

dennisg

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 pm

That looks like an extremely difficult piece, and you appear to have it nailed. You have my utmost admiration, Mark.

suziko

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Romanza is such a pretty piece, and one I'd love to learn some day. Your version was so smooth and lush and you make it look so easy. Really beautiful, Mark!

Suzi

jayswett

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Both you and Abilio have that song nailed, and I must admit that I am extremely envious of that. That was beautifully done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic