mark learning to play Romanza acoustic guitar

mark

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:45 pm

I've played Romanza for years but normally only the first part.
I still find the second part difficult with all those streches but it slowly gets better.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Mark, congratuations ! This is vunderbar!

I can only wonder at the cumulative effort you put into this ...

Very good.

Pierre

Lavallee

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Very Nice Mark, I like the short delay on the bass notes. I never used it but Neil mentions it in the lesson. I will have to modify my computer way of playing it and work on something similar to yours

Great playing

Marc

tovo

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:08 pm

It slowly gets better??! I think I heard maybe 4 less than perfect notes in the whole 4 minutes (or thereabouts). I don't think it gets too much better Mark, but again I'm ready to hear what Neil has to say! At any rate it represents a lot of work and that work has paid off. As always, just so impressive.

BigBear

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Mark- that is simply outstanding! I've messed around with this song but you breezed right thru the parts that give me fits. The best part is you make it look so easy and with so much feel.

Congrats on all your hard work!

:cheer:

michelew

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:55 pm

That sounds gorgeous Mark.

You really do make it look easy,including those excruciating stretches

Thanks for sharing.

Michele

Craig

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Way to go Mark! I thought you played this very well and with feeling. You make those stretches look pretty effortless. Your resume of songs is becoming quite impressive.
Craig

Yamaha48

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Hello Mark my friend.
Yeh a lot of streches for the fingers.
You do a verry good job with it.
And on the and a harmonic,fantastic.
Thanks for sharing Mark.

Cheers..............Anton

buddy

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Well Mark, I've just enjoyed watching and listening to your rendition of this song again while having dinner (wich means that I sit down and réally take the time to watch ;) ) ! That was really beautiful and very well played!

If I may say so, the only thing that I'd like to see you add to this is some more vibrato here and there, since it suits the song very well. Is that something you usually do when playing this or just something you don't want to or didn't think of adding?

You've also inspired me to finally change the strings of my classical guitar (although I like this song on a steelstring as well and sometimes even more so) and get this song out of the closet!

Thanks Mark, that was really great, well done!

Ness

tvarga

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Beautifully played and with great expression! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic