BobR

Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 am

Mark,

Very, Very nicely done ! !

Thanks for sharing,

Bob

dennisg

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Well, color me shocked to learn that this is a Dylan song.

All I have to say is that every note out of your guitar was just gorgeous. Congratulations on the obvious wonderful payoff to all the hard work you've been putting in.

suziko

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm

That's a beautiful song, though i've never heard either Adele's or Dylan's version. Nice job, Mark!

Suzi

beaker

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Mark, that version of Make You Feel My Love was really great! You have really put up some outstanding posts lately. This has inspired me to learn a nice slow song as well. I am a little confused about people being surprised that this is a Bob Dylan song though. He's written hundreds of great songs.... what is surprising about it? I look forward to seeing and hearing what you come up with next. Beaker.

mark

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:06 am

Marc - thanks for your comment. I found the arrangement on YouTube. I'll put a link later in this post. He has a lot of arrangements of popular songs.

Willem - Yes I love this song as well. The first time I heard it I knew I had to learn it. Normally I would send you the tab but this isn't my arrangement and the person who did it sells it on his website. So it wouldn't be right of me to send it on.

Everybody seems to like the harmonics. Even my girlfriend noticed those and came around to see what was going on

Beaker - I was surprised that this was a Dylan tune because I had never heard it before hearing Adele's version. I just assumed that she had written it.
From her version I don't think you could ever guess that it was a Dylan tune, so when I read that he wrote it I was very surprised.
I definately agree that Dylan has written many great songs.

Craig - These harmonics are easier than they look. They use the same method as playing a normal harmonic at the 12th fret. You use the first finger of the right hand to play the harmonic 12 frets higher than the fretted note and the right hand thumb to pluck the string. I hope that makes sense - it's easier to do than to explain

Here's the video from youtube

hesser

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:32 am

Mark, that.... was.... awesome!!! Seriously, it's quality like this that I aspire to play and play like! You did an outstanding job. What a sweet song too. Really, Mark unreal. Thanks!
Mike

RicksPick

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:47 am

Mark

This makes me want to jump in the car for a drive south
Just to sit and listen to you play
simply great

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic