Rev. Gary Davis Candyman by beaker

tovo

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:08 am

Hey Beaker. Well I sure did enjoy it and you have encouraged me to take a look at the lesson. Not at all familiar with the artist but I dig the process of discovering new artists through TG. I thought you did a pretty solid job indeed and I love the hammer-ons in there. Couple of minor hesitations was all I really noticed, they will smooth out with further practice. The number sure moves along with a snappy vibe doesn't it? Thanks for the look, I enjoyed it a lot.

Craig

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:29 am

Beaker,
Well done! I haven't looked at this lesson but it sounds like you are well on your way to having it down pretty good...and not an easy piece by any stretch. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
Craig

willem

Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:35 am

Hi Beaker,,that came through, i like this kind of early bleus style(working on ''she is funny that way''),, i think when learning some bleus we must start with this kind and more style's 'cos they have put on a very big stamp on the development from the bleus,,i hope Neil give some pointers 'cos we get all something out of it,,i can only say that your elbow was swingin too..lol...thanks for sharing..

beaker

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:55 am

Bob, Mark, Tony, Craig & Willem.

Thanks for watching my video, I am glad that you guys liked it. Yeah, I have to smooth out some things but it will come in time. Funny, now today things are already going more smoothly. Probably because I am not trying so hard and the camera is off. This one is a challenge for me, at first I was completely repelled by it, but then I chipped away at it and it came together. I figured it was good to practice the F chord with the thumb in the bass. Once again, thanks for watching. Keep on strumming! Beaker.

Lavallee

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Beaker!

Well I cértainly liked it! Fun song to play, and yep, I think you did a very good job on it! As for the rough edges, nothing you can't handle!

Thanks for sharing, great to see you again!

Cheers

Ness

beaker

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Vanessa
Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment . I will keep plugging away! Beaker.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Beaker,

I can't add a whole lot that hasn't been said ... just to say it's very interesting to see the really nice dexterity in your playing.

Also funny that after managing to get through making a video, the tune does seem easier all of a sudden.

Fun post !

Pierre

hesser

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 pm

As always, a great job. Nice work on the mac video editting too! But really, sounded good man! Keeo it up!

Mike

Hydroman52

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Hey Beaker,

Nice job on this one. It looks a bit complicated and you make it sound good. I watched Neil's review of this and it looks like you'll be able to easily handle the couple of suggestions that he had. Thanks for posting. Good work!

Hydroman52

RicksPick

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Beaker

Sounds real good, bit more time needed to ease the trasitions,
Mighty fine tune to have
Well done

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic