schm040 Maxell's Silver Hammer guitar lesson review upload

schm040

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:53 am

Hey all,

I have not posted in a while but have been practicing as much as I can.

You are all correct, this is a challenging piece and thanks for the positive comments.

I am at 50% at best but am generally happy with my result yesterday. I need to get the melody crisper and slow things down a bit, but my changes were in fairly good shape.

I will say this though, the Beatles tab collection that Neil mentioned and some of you inquired about is one of the best purchases I ever made. There are several complete instrumental tabs in it.

When I first opened the files I was a bit daunted, they are hard, but after going back several times and just trying to play the melodies, I found that I could slowly chip away at them.

There are a few others in the collection that I am working on and will post as well, even if they are not 100% yet, mainly because I think they are so cool.

Take care and thanks Neil for making this kind of stuff available to your students.

MattMasschusetts

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 am

Nice work Matt (and you have done a lot on this one!). I'm with Pierre on this ... MUCH better as an instrumental!
Thanks for sharing.

dennisg

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:08 am

Way to go, Matt. You're well on your way to nailing this thing down. This is a really action-packed song, and I can only admire all the work you've put into it.

By the way, I don't happen to think this song even comes close to representing McCartney's worst lyrics (see: "I love you" by Wings or even "Hey Jude").

I'm not a fan of video effects because, to me, they detract rather than enhance the experience of watching you play.

sbutler

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Nuff said Neil. When I get more time, I'd like to tackle some of those as well. Hmm, I have 2.3 minutes left after i work on all the other songs that I practice. There maybe some room.

Scott

MarkM

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:45 am

Wow. This is a mountain of a song to tackle and you are well within reach of its summit. I could tell you put a ton of hard work into this one. Good job!!!! I'd like to see this song again as you progress. I'm with Dennis on this in that although the effects are cool I'd like to see you playing the guitar to better understand what you are doing.

MarkM

hesser

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:07 am

Matt,

Nice work on a very tough piece. I have to hand it to you, that song looked to me to be quite a handfull!! You played it well! I am looking for a new project and I may have just found it!

Thanks again
Mike

BobR

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:37 am

Matt,

I have always liked that song and you are well on your way with it. Looking forward to your progress with the next post.

Bob

rapsidy

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:17 am

awesome job love maxwells :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic