schm040 Maxell's Silver Hammer guitar lesson review upload

schm040

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Haha, oh gosh, I know what you mean, 'blew it', I think we áll know what you mean, we've all been there and still! :P

However, you certainly didn't blew it, I think you're very well on your way with this one! And it really didn't look easy to me, there are quite some stretches in there and up and down the fretboard and you do manage to pull it off. If I may say so, just make sure here and there to keep the notes clean and the timing right.

Anyway, great to see you posting again, I was wondering where you have been, hope to hear you soon again!

Cheers

Vanessa

Lavallee

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:02 pm

This song does not seem easy to play with those quick long stretches, but you manged to do a very decent job. I like the background you added to the image , we can see the fingers quite well.

Marc

sbutler

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Well I like the song but was confused about the Neils arrangement comment. So I went looking. I didn't remember seeing any of Neils tab arrangements.

I found them (I must have sleept through that class), and I see that they are for sale. Even Target members have to buy them. So #1When did they show up? #2 I don't have a problem with buying them, but I thought the target side of life was excempt from that.

Scott

beaker

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Nice job Smo. Solid fingerpicking. It looked fairly tricky but you were right on. Beaker.

Craig

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Wow, that looks tough. My pinky finger doesn't stretch as good as yours! I think you are well on your way to getting this song down. Good effort. Keep up the good work.
Craig

jayswett

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm

I never heard that before, but I certainly liked it. Video effects were interesting.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:31 pm

This is tune is entertaining, whimsical and stands on it's own merit as an instrumental, without the lyrics.

The lyrics to this song are not among McCartney's best ... ok then, the lyrics are probably his worst :side:

But the music is sure fun to listen to, worth the effort of learning it.

Congratulations for this result, lots of effort put in for sure so far.

Pierre

TGNeil

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:59 pm

sbutler wrote:
Well I like the song but was confused about the Neils arrangement comment. So I went looking. I didn't remember seeing any of Neils tab arrangements.

I found them (I must have sleept through that class), and I see that they are for sale. Even Target members have to buy them. So #1When did they show up? #2 I don't have a problem with buying them, but I thought the target side of life was excempt from that.

Scott
Sorry that this is not a more obvious part of the website but arrangements that I have done and recorded have been available for a long time. I haven't done many lessons on these yet with just a few exceptions. If I make a Target lesson on one, the tab will be part of the lesson but right now there are very few of these in the pipeline... maybe none. I have to congratulate anybody who has tackled any of these on their own as most are very difficult. I will try to review this soon.

Neil

lueders

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Man, you put in some work here. I really enjoyed this a lot!! You get points in my book for going obscure Beatles. I forgot what a cool song this was. Thanks for the cool post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic