schm040 learning to play Can't Buy Me Love-N Hogan Arr acoustic guitar

schm040

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:32 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sbutler

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Man, your not afraid of a challenge are you?. I don't know how long you've been working on this, but for as tough as it is, I'd say your doing pretty well.

Keep up the good work.

Scott

schm040

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Hey Scott,

I guess I am a bit of a glutton for punishment, but for some reason I am drawn to these really hard things.

I would have liked to iron out some of the wrinkles before I posted, but I am posting this for my honey, Tatiana today.

As for how long? I started working on this one about 2 weeks ago, so obviously I have a ways to go.

As for my current version, I need to get that 4th finger over to the D# on the second string more cleanly and I sometimes lose track of what bass note I am playing as I alternate. I also think the song needs more swing. I can't be sure because I haven't heard Neil's version yet. That is my next purchase, Neil's Beatles fingerstyle collection. It would be very helpful to hear how the composer interprets this right?

Matt-MA.

Lavallee

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:59 pm

It is looking good Matt, as you said a bit more time on it and you will have it in your pocket. I thought those tabs came with Neil's CD.

Great work

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic