Eric Clapton Signe by hesser

willem

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:11 am

I like your sign language on the fret board and rhythm too,,very well done....after Clapton and Neil your the third i geuss,,thank you very much for showing us..keep them coming.

MarkM

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 am

Mike,

I thought that was fabulous. Great technique with slapping the strings there. Very impressive playing in my opinion. This is a skill set that I don't have and to see you play it inspires me to get off my comfortable butt to give something like this a try. Thanks for sharing!!!

MarkM

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:47 am

Mike:

Again, we are our own worst critic..... B)

That was an outstanding job on a difficult piece. I love your rhythm work and the percussion. To add to one of your responses above, the one about closing your eyes and getting into it, go for it. I find that I do that on certain songs as well. Feeling the music is so much more helpful sometimes (especially on harder pieces). The parts that gave you a little trouble look as though they are almost there, just a bit more time with them. I only noticed a couple and really only because you brought them up. You should be damned proud of the effort here, as it was sweet!

MJ

skaladar

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:44 am

Mike, I thought that was outstanding.

I've probably looked at this lesson a dozen times but my better judgment has always caught me in time to prevent me from committing to spending the enormous amount of time and effort Signe warrants. Not to mention natural talent. Well … both your talent and the time you spent are apparent in the video. I was impressed with how 'at ease" you seemed to feel with it to the point that any little rough spots go relatively unnoticed. I think you've inspired me to once again consider taking a crack at this piece. That is of course when I trim down the list of a bazillion other things I am working on ... damn marshmallows!

Great work, thanks for sharing ...

♫ Ken ♫

sbutler

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:25 am

Mike,, great job. I think that is a really cool instrumental and you did it proud.

I started working (slowly) on Signe a long time ago, and shelved it until just last week.. Funny how much faster I had gotten on it, and not having played it in a while.

But I'm still not up to full speed yet. You aren't far from a very clean cover of one of Claptons best.

Thanks.

hesser

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks for all of your responses. I really encourage you to try this song, even if you have been looking at it and then thought, No Way! That's how I felt when I first tried it. But with a little determination and, lets face it, Neil to guide you along the way, its definately doable!! Actually, in all honesty, Neil did a great job breaking Signe down and making it clear. I would love to here some other Signe's out there!!! I am glad you liked it, but I have definately have some work to do on it. I will keep plugging away on it but maybe I should be looking for a new project???? Hmmmmmm........

Mike

BobR

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:30 am

Mike,

I think your practicing really paid off big time and thought you did a excellent job! ! ! .

Thanks for posting.

Bob

RicksPick

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:41 am

Mike Brill
What an inspiration
must learn it
you make it sound so good

RicksPick

mark

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:05 pm

You did a good job with this. I didn't see anything which wont be solved by more repetition and getting used to the song.

Another song to go on my ever increasing list of songs to do.

fjeanmur

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:40 am

Mike, that was gréat!! A bit more aging and it's even greater, but it's already great! Did I already say that it was great already??! :P

Can't help it, but I really loved your introducing smile and the one at the end! :cheer:

However, I've been waiting for you to post something again, haven't seen you ever since JJ, wich was great video as well, so come on, you're a great guitarplayer, don't let us wait so long again alright???!!! ;)

Cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic