Eric Clapton Signe by hesser

hesser

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:49 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I would out this one up. Also, Beaker has been bugging me to do it for a while now also. Anyway, I saw signe when I first joined TG and thought that it would be a good tune to work up to. I have been playing it for a while now and really enjoy it. It's challenging for me to to get through the whole thing without any mistakes, as you could see by my video!! I had a couple of little blips but thought I would just put it up anyway. If you are thinking of learinging this one I really encourage you to do it! Like Neil says, there are three distinct parts to learn. Just take it one by one and then put them together! I hope you like it and as always I encourage any feedback you may have.

Thanks Again!
Mike

tovo

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Man that was good! I really like that tune but haven't committed to the effort required. You have and it shows in spades. I can see only one section giving you a little trouble and it's just further familiarity needed I think rather than any technique issues.

I have had this particular advice myself and think it's good advice so I will pass it to you also, I would like to see you really getting into it. You play it so very well that I think you can afford to just enjoy it more and show that joy in your performance.

I thought it was really, really well played Hesser. Thanks for the look.

hesser

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks Tovo,

Your right, when the camera is off and I am just jamming away it always goes a little smotther. I actually just close my eyes and play away. It's great! But as soon as the camera comes on I am thinking of all the little technical stuff... Oh well, it's a tough song for me but with a little more time and practice I am sure I will be able to just let it go!!
Mike

tovo

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah Mike, camera nerves are a bitch eh! I reckon just leave the camera running all the time so you eventually will forget about it. Anyway...it's a tough song for anyone! You play it great.

beaker

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Mike, that was really great! Way better than when I heard you play it with cold hands.... but that would be expected. I think you have done a really good one here. The sky is the limit for you! Beaker.

jayswett

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:44 pm

That was simply great. A little work to do, perhaps, but not much. I remember when this song came out in the Target Program, and I thought to myself that I will never be able to learn this song. Watching you play gives me the courage to give it a whirl. It would be one of my long term projects. I'm off to check out the lesson right now. Thanks for posting this great song.

Lavallee

Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Great playing, good rhythm with the snair thumping. You look very relaxed for such a complicated song, you must have spent some time on it and it sounds very good.

Thanks for posting it

Marc

Hydroman52

Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Wow! Very nice job. Good percussive string slapping technique, too. You smoothed out the little "blips" very well. You can be very proud of this one. Thanks for posting.

Hydorman52

Craig

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:29 am

Mike,
That was really good! I really liked the percussive thing going on there. I've got a few songs going on right now, but as soon as I can I will take a look at this lesson. Thanks for the inspiration!
Craig

schm040

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:57 am

Mike,

I have worked on this hear and there and I know how hard it is. But honestly, and I am a tough critic, I thought you were great. Also, I know how much courage it takes to post something even when you know it is not your best, so hats off.

MattMa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic