Pink Floyd Pigs on the Wing Part 1 by juanlla

juanlla

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Lavallee

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Nice playing Juan, this is from my favorite album of Pink Floyd. I am not sure if it is the recording but I could not hear very well the bass of the G and C, like if you were hitting mainly the small strings. When you went to the F there was no problem for the bass.

I noticed that your plectrum was trying to say something at the end ;)

Marc

BobR

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Juan,

Seems like the audio/video is off just a bit, but overall nice job.

Thanks for the look.

Bob

tovo

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:04 am

Good job mate, thanks for posting.

michelew

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Haha, whát was your plectrum saying???! :laugh:

Hi Juan,

Great to see you play and sing again!

Again you strummed your way through the song very well, your hand just keeps moving, wich is very good. I know that the strumming of this song is a bit unusual, since the time-signature changes after two measures of three beats to one measure of two beats, it's 123 123 12, you did that very well on the intro. When starting to sing, and I guess it's a bit because of that, here and there you kinda didn't finish the 12-measure. Just pay a little more attention to that and you got it down, just keep counting ;) !

Thank you very much for sharing this great song with us!

Ness

BigBear

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Juan- very nice job! It looked like you were have some AV problems but may I suggest that you are getting to your chord changes just a bit late. This makes this, and other songs very difficult to sing.

Neil talks about using a rest or open stroke (with nothing fretted) to give you time to get to the next chord. This would be a huge help to you. Your chords are all fine but you are having to slam into them a bit and it destroys your rhythym.

Please accept this suggestion in the friendly spirit in which it was intended. And thanks for posting this video! :cheer:

juanlla

Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks for all your comments and feedback, Singing for me is a major challenge, every time I open my mouth my hands tend to do something different from what they are supposed to.

Your recommendations are greatly appreciated and will keep working to include them.

Great to have such a good team !!!

Homework: Improve AV; Pay more attention to the 12-measure and keep counting

Ness., I'm still working on your recommendations for singing comfortably numb

Hard to keep juggling all this stuff, but fun to try it...

:-)

juanlla

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Juan, I'm so proud of you, I really am! I know singing and playing is a major challenge for you and I can remember you saying that you never thought you could do that, and still here you are playing and singing, that is só very great, just keep doing so, we all get better by doing that!

Again, thanks for sharing it with us!

Ness

juanlla wrote:
Thanks for all your comments and feedback, Singing for me is a major challenge, every time I open my mouth my hands tend to do something different from what they are supposed to.

Your recommendations are greatly appreciated and will keep working to include them.

Great to have such a good team !!!

Homework: Improve AV; Pay more attention to the 12-measure and keep counting

Ness., I'm still working on your recommendations for singing comfortably numb

Hard to keep juggling all this stuff, but fun to try it...

:-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic