EVA CASSIDY FIELDS OF GOLD by buddy

buddy

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:32 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:01 am

Beautiful Budster! I thoroughly enjoyed that great rendition. I'm much more familiar with Sting's version than Eva's but I loved your interpretation, your phrasing which in my opinion made the song very much your own. I haven't checked out the lesson but I was interested in the double bass with the thumb also. You sang it with real passion which I loved.

In my opinion one of your strongest performances ever. Just great.

willem

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:04 am

Wow,,really nice Buddy,,it almost teared me up,,the vibration in your voice on the long notes gives a nice touch too,,and like your pickin feel..thanks

A time a go i vote for this song ,eather Eva or Sting and was glad they came out,,i never looked at it,,,now i must!!!!

MarkM

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:47 am

Buddy,

Congratulations on a great performance!!! This is pretty much perfect from what I could tell. I too am more familiar with Stings version but will now certainly check out this lesson on Eva Cassidy's version. You've had some real strong work here lately but I have to say this is probably your strongest fingerpicking song to date. I really enjoyed your playing on this one!! Of course your voice was excellent as usual. Thanks for sharing. I think this is going to be an easy song for Neil to review as it was so good.

MarkM

dennisg

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 am

Another great job, Buddy. Sounds darned near professional.

hesser

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:35 am

Wow, I'm with Tovo. I too think this was your best permance yet! Really suited your voice and very nice guitar!
Mike

BobR

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 am

Buddy,

That was fantastic. As always you put a lot of emotion into your songs and it came shining through.

Great Job

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Just stunning Buddy. No way this can be listened too in the background. This is one you just have to sit down and listen to and let it wash over you. It is not an easy thing to do, follow Eva Cassidy but you pulled it off! I did listen to Neil's lesson and it wasn't based on Eva's version but on Sting's original... so this looks like all your own work. Brilliant job!

Chasplaya

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:20 pm

G'Day Buddy I'm inclined to agree with the majority vote here, definitely one of your best performances yet. Very nice guitar and the singing really suits your voice here

Good on ya mate

Chas

RicksPick

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Buddy what can I say

:woohoo: Brilliant :woohoo:

thats got to be on your A list

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic