Crosby, Stills & Nash Suite Judy Blue Eyes by nesh16041972

dennisg

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:04 pm

I don't know who this CS&N band is that you speak of, and I will likely require several more songs by you in order to put all the pieces together.

Vanessa, I love the skill, fun, and passion you bring to every recording you do, and I always look forward to each one of them.

BigBear

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm

My dear TG-friends, you all are always so heartbreakingly sweet and encouraging and just a fantastic bunch of people! :kiss:

Suzi: Hey Suzi, thank you so much! :cheer: And you're so very right, I definitely didn't want to mess up after 5 minutes or so and then have to do it over...pfffff....so I was very happy that I managed to shoot a video (without having to record it again and again and again :S ) of wich i was satisfied enough. Am so glad you liked it, thank you!

Dermot: Hey D. my friend, still not convinced that I love CSN&Y? ;) Thank you so much for the beautiful picture and for reminding me that I'm getting older!! :P

RicksPick: Haha, yep it was long alright! The original is almost 8 minutes, can you believe it?! :blink: Good to hear you enjoyed it all anyway!

Michele: :blush: Gosh woman, you're so sweet! :cheer: And it's true, I súre had fun, CSN does that to me (childhood-thing ;) )! And yeah, my Tanglewood, well she didn't like to be tuned to DADDAD and then back again, so I hád to get myself another one, and this one is absolutely content to stay in that tuning! :P The grimace.....uh....haha, yeah the last note, I don't think it éver happened when playing this song, and nów it did, so it was a combination of 'YÍKES, that's ugly' and 'SH..that's stupid'...! Nothing to do with hitting myself! :laugh: Anway, am so very happy that it made you smile, just great to hear!

Dean: Thank you very much Dean, thanks for checking it out and I really appreciate the very kind words!

Craig: Hey Craig, thank you so much, you're always so encouraging and supportive! And it's true...it's a long song, so I really didn't want to mess up, and the harmonics haha, I have to say while singing I couldn't always really hear if I was hitting them right, but I guess it was okay! Thanks again my friend!

Bob:Bob, you're a sweetheart, thank you very much, I appreciate it very much! :cheer:

Matt: Thank you very much for the kind words Matt! I guess you mean the 16th's, I don't think I could pull of 32th's, haha! :P Yeah, it's true, I do like to throw them in here and there, in many songs actually, it just dresses it up a bit wich I like especially when playing by myself, you just gotta do something when there are no other instruments. ;) Thanks Matt!

Chris: Caboodle? Haha, that's a good one! :laugh: Well I'm so happy that you loved it, the whole caboodle that is ;) ! Thank you very much Chris!

Dave: :blush: That's just great to hear Dave, it really is, thank you so much for your sweet words! I hope you'll get back to the song again, it's just a great one, but I know putting it together ain't easy, however thanks again Dave!

Marc: Thanks Marc, I appreciate it very much! I do remember that you like those 16th's-strumming, I have no idea when I started throwing those in, I do know that I do it all the time, it's nice to hear that you like it, thanks!

Jay: Thank you very much Jay, that's so sweet! :)

Buddy: Hi Bud, thank you so much, I'm really glad that you enjoyed it, I really appreciate it!

Willem: What I was taking?? Hahaha! :laugh: Well we dutchies got a rep I guess, but indeed júst loving CSN&Y! Am glad that you loved the doo doo-wake-up call! :P

Ken: Gosh, and yóu're só sweet Ken!! :blush: Thank you very much, am so happy that you've enjoyed it!

Stuart: Hey Stuart! Wow, just love that you loved it! :silly: Thank you so very much, that's just really great to hear!

Mike: One of your favorites and your daughters? Well that makes your comment even móre special! And yes the leadplaying during the 3th was indeed a challenge,
so liking thát in particular :woohoo: Thanks!! Neil does have a segment on it and he wants students to just mess around with it, he shows some ideas (playing on the first and second string, but also on the first and third string, wich I did apply) and that's about it. There is a tab though, but I barely used it, so indeed just improvising (that was the challenge, didn't want to mess up and start over), although some pieces are what I hear Stills do (Woodstock). So a little bit of everything, what can I say, just really really happy that you enjoyed it! :cheer:

Beaker: Ha Beaker, thank you so much, am very glad that you liked those in particular (because of the reasons expressed above), thanks again!

Anton: Hey Anton, my friend, if I can make you smile, then my mission is succesfully completed ;) , it's really great to hear that it did make you smile, thank you so much for your kind words!

Dennis: Hi Dennis, so great of you to stop by, your kind and sweet words always mean a lot to me.. :blush: Thank you very much!

Thanks again my friends, I love you all for your neverending support and kind words!

Cheers

Ness

deuce01

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:48 pm

WOW That was awesome!
I liked that alot. Looks like you had fun with it.

pbraun

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Wow that was fantastic Vanessa. When you release the CD I want one!
Pete

MarkM

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:39 am

Vanessa,

Amazing!!!! You absolutely crushed that song. I've got to tell you this song is in my top 5 all time favorites and I've never really came across a cover that did it as much justice as you just showed. I watched it twice. The first time around I'm watching and am just stunned at the little nuances of authenticity you are bringing. Around 4 minutues I'm thinking to myself "I wonder if she'll do it here" and bam at 4:35 you did that little bass slide and put a huge smile on my face and then again at the 5:15 mark a little knock on wood and the slide. Awesome!!! I've been playing/working on this song now for a year and I have a great deal of trouble phrasing the lyrics. Dont' know why as I know this song in my sleep but you just sang it effortlessly. I can't begin to tell you how much I liked this. I watched it again and dragged out my other guitar and played along. That was alot of fun. Thanks for sharing and once again, great work!!!!

MarkM

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 am

Ness:

I think the technical term is DADGAD and a half....... :laugh:

I had a huge smile on my face from the very beginning when you nailed the intro. I find that a challenging part to play at 60% speed! :P

You always look so comfortable and are able to sing right along while playing. A pleasure to watch. CSN&Y is a wonderful band, and I hope to see many of their other great coming from you in the future.

Thanks for the wonderful video!

Jason

lueders

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:50 am

SUITE!!! (SWEET!)

It looks so Gosh Dang effortless I'm not sure you are adequately challenging yourself.

So I have some suggestions...why don't you try: playing with the guitar behind your back like (T-bone Walker) maybe with your teeth (like Jimi), add the Duck-Walk as you play (ala Chuck Berry), or re-learn the instrument with your feet and toes...I dunno we gotta find some way to challenge ya. You're just too durn good!

Just simply out of adjectives and creative ways to praise your excellence!!!

P.S. Those varied rhythms and those random changing tempos...with the ultra rapid strums would presently give me fits. And you do it so flawlessly. If I wasn't such a "V-fan" I would be jealous Big-time seriously.

Superb- er-ino!!!

Cori

Lavallee

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Deuce: Hi Pat, thank you very much, very glad you've enjoyed it! And yep, haha, I sure had fun :cheer: , I just love playing and singing those tunes. I even have to tell myself not to smile too much, since the song is quite serious here and there....I mean 'I am lonely' with a smile is a bit :S ....well you get the picture :P ! Thanks again Pat!

Pete: Haha, you're such a sweetheart, thank you so much Pete, I really appreciate it!

Mark: Hey Mark! I was waiting for you to stop by, and gosh, you just bléw me away!! :blush: You leave me speechless.......can't begin to tell you how much it means to me...the slide, haha, yeah that's a fun one to play, it sounds cool, and it réally has to be in there, I'm so glad that it made you smile and that you played along! I was só very curious how you would feel about it, you've made my day, thanks a lot Mark!!!!! :cheer:

Jason: Hi Jason, you're so sweet, it's really álways great to hear when it makes someone smile! :) Playing and singing, well my father (he taught me how to play the guitar) always played and sang along when I was a little kid, so it made me do that as well and for that it indeed feels very natural to me. I had him on the phone the other day and I told him agáin how gratefull I still am that he raised me with music and so on. Anyway, thanks again Jason, I really appreciate it!

Cori: Hahaha, you're the funniest around again! :laugh: Superb-er-ino? :blush: .....and you're the sweetest as well! Thank you so much Cori, for leaving me with no more words left again! :P

Ness

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:19 pm

lueders wrote:
SUITE!!! (SWEET!)

It looks so Gosh Dang effortless I'm not sure you are adequately challenging yourself.

Cori
Well you've gone and done it again, I agree with Cori way too easy for ya lol, time to step it up a notch or two or three etc etc etc... Maybe some Andy McKee crossed with Santana crossed with Neil Young lol!!

You keep them coming I'll keep listening great stuff. Your tempo is impeccable as always just love it.

Chas

litlfeat

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:57 am

Very impressive!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic