Crosby, Stills & Nash Suite Judy Blue Eyes by nesh16041972

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi TG-friends!

Well, I guess many of you already know how much I love CSN&Y, so it was about time that I put up this song. I particularly lóve their version of this song performed on Woodstock, so this video is more based on that one.

However, the most challenging thing in here for me was the leadplaying during the 3th section. I mean, just messing around with it and see how it goes while just playing by yourself is one thing, recording it and not messing up is another and since this is a lóng song, I really didn't want to record it over and over, so.....well this is what I was able to come up with..

As for the vocals, well I can do only one of course :( , so don't pay too much attention to wich one I'm singing, here and there it's this one, here and there it's another or here and there even combined, I just tried to sing it anyway.

Okay, enough talking, just truly hope you'll enjoy it and that this is a bit like how Neil wants students to mess around with the leadplaying, I surely did my best! ;)

Cheers

Ness

btw I didn't do áll the verses and so on, since it's such a long song, but most of it is still there.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

suziko

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Nessa,

That was VERY impressive! Suite: Judy Blue Eyes is such a long song, and I can imagine it could be daunting to sit down and record the whole thing in one go. You don't want to get 5 minutes into the song and make a big mistake! But it sounded great to me. I watched the entire 6 minutes with a big smile on my face. I loved it the whole thing. The 3rd section sounded wonderful to me, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. As always, your videos are a real treat.

Suzi

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks

RicksPick

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 pm

WOW that was great Vanessa
and long, :blink: so well done
enjoyed it all

RicksPick

michelew

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Nessa,

I REALLY enjoyed that! It sounded FANTASTIC and you looked like you were having fun too. What a great way to start my day! I LOVED IT!!

What a marathon! WOW!! I'd never get to the end without stuffing up big time. You made it look easy as you always do. I'm guessing that for most mere mortals it is no where near as easy to play as you make it look.

I LOVED the lead. With the DADDAD+ tuning it sounded very Celtic, just gorgeous. i loved your singing, nothing new there (the loved part that is). I loved the feeling you brought to the piece. I loved the Ness- 'I'm having fun' expressions.

Nice sounding guitar by the way. I bet your Tanglewood is envious.

So why did you grimace at the end? Did you hit yourself? Or were you unhappy with the last note? Hmmm... I don't think it's the latter so I'm going with bumped yourself on the desk.

Well THANKS for the smiles. Yep, you had me smiling all the way through too.

I LOVED it. And i'm sure thqt CSN would be proud and chuffed to see your version.

Shel

dtaylor

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:15 pm

As always your performances are a treat, such a natural talent, you make it seem effortless.

Dean

Craig

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Vanessa,
Great job on a difficult...and long...song. I liked the whole thing, it was very well done. You make it look so easy when it's actually very difficult. For example, hitting the harmonics clean and staying in time on a song that moves so fast.
As always, very impressive!
Craig

BobR

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Vanessa,

That was simply awesome!!! I loved it all. Incredible job all around, singing playing WOW...:woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing

Bob

schm040

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Vanessa,

We know you love CSN and it shows.

I thought the strumming was superb, and especially the fast sixteenths (32nds?) in some places. Thank you for posting another #1 hit at TG.

MattMa

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Wow!
Vanessa that was stunning. It just got better and better. Your singing is always so good and I thought your lead playing was just great.
Loved the whole caboodle!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic