MarkM Is There Anybody Out There? guitar lesson review upload

BobR

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:16 am

Mark,

You've got that down really well. I thought that was great. Nice sound and picking throughout. The guitar sounds awesome.

Bob

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:43 pm

I hear Dave Gilmour is looking for a stand in for a Floyd reunion tour Ya Interested?

Nicely played mate

Chas

BigBear

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:01 am

Mike- Fantastic job!! I've been playing that song for awhile now thanks to TG and you nailed it! And I have/had problems at the exact points you did! Makes me feel better. But you really played it clean and your tempo, especially thru the C-G/B-Am was perfect!!

You continue to post some really great work! Congrats! Can't wait for the next one!! :cheer:

mark

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:32 am

Mark

You did a great job on this.
Almost every time I sit down with a guitar I play this song.

I remember Neil did a review on this song where he suggested playing it slightly rubato

dennisg

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 am

Mark, that's extremely impressive. I've never tried that arpeggio picking style, but you make it look easy, even though I know it's not. Congratulations on slaying another dragon. You may officially carve another notch on the neck of your Taylor.

snipe

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:15 am

Mark,

Sounded perfect to me!!! What else can I say?
Really well done

Mike

tombo1230

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Wow Mark, that was just fantástic!! :ohmy: :cheer:

You played it beautifully, cleanly and just great! Your guitar sounded very good as well, you really captured the intensity of the song, and gosh, a few days? Yeah sure, full days, what the heck, your ability of picking up on songs is growing I guess, you just keep improving, well and that is something that we all want right?! ;)

So as for the playing, no suggestions...also your timing and tempo were very steady and consistent, I only noticed that when going up to the 8/9 fret and back to continue on the Am again took you a tad longer than the original, was that intentionally? Or am I being too.....uh....I don't know the word :S...

However Mark, you did a terrific job on this, it was just great to listen to, congratulations!

Cheers

Ness

MarkM

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks All! Always good to come back to TG after another day of flying to a new city. Coming from Austin TX today.

Scott - Thank you for the kind words!!!!

Suzi - Thank you so much!!!! Those were very nice compliments.

Willem - Thank you! Yes I had forgotten about this song as well. It was nice piece to learn as it wasn't too long.

Anton - Thank you very much!! I'm glad you liked it.

Al - Thanks!!!! Well I'm slowely getting there. Tick tock......................... :) :)

Pete - Thank you!!!

Bob - Thank you as well. I'm glad the guitar sounded good. The strings are about 5 weeks old and they are starting to loose their snap. Time to change them out.

Chas - You cracked me up with that one. Thanks!!!!!I'll leave it to the professionals though :laugh: :laugh:

BigBear - Thank you so much!!!! Very much appreciated.

Mark - Thank you. Yes I can see why this would be a good song to play every time you pick up the guitar. Good way to get the fingers loosened up.

Dennis - Ha!!!! Thanks!!! I just love your responses. I had never done arpeggio before this so it was all new to me. Once you get it going it comes fairly quickly. I just hope I remember how to do the other stuff when I get home later this week.

Mike - Thank you very much Mike!!!

Ness - Thank you so much. I played this damn song so much over the past few days that when I close my eyes I'm still doing it. That section going up to the 8/9th fret was the most difficult for me to time it correctly. I probably play it different every time. To be honest I was kind of sick of this song by the time I recorded it that
just went with it. I don't think I'll ever get it quite right at that section. Now off to find something else................

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic