MarkM Is There Anybody Out There? guitar lesson review upload

MarkM

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:31 am

This song is a bit different for me compared to what I’ve uploaded in the past. Although I’ve worked on the Travis fingerpicking technique I have yet to try a song with arpeggio style. I’ve worked on this for a few days and this is what I’ve come up with. I apologize for the mic boom getting in the way of my left hand. I hadn’t noticed it at the time of the recording. As always thank you for watching and I look forward to your comments and suggestions. Now back to a strummer.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jayswett

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:57 am

I love that song, and I loved your version of it. I played that at open mic night a few months ago, but didn't play it nearly as well as you just did. Very nice. What else are you working on?

RicksPick

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:01 am

Well played Mark
Nice sound with your setup

RicksPick

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:14 am

Mark, I have catching up to do on Pink Floyd's "The Wall" period ... was too busy-busy-busy at the time of that musical tsunami.

So I let Neil's lesson on this tune slip by me ... and now you've got me watching the lesson ... man you did it justice, almost perfect.

The note patterns are rich and hypnotic, as essential to playing Floyd as knowing the "Brain Damaged" picking pattern.

Your guitar sounds great, with warm bass tones, not too "bright" but just right.

Thanks for this !

Pierre

lueders

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:45 pm

That sounded Marve-lous Mark-us! If there are any flaws with that performance I didn't notice

em' That sounded great!!!

Jay, mentioned something about "your version" did you take some liberties with the arrangement or not so much? Guess, I'm not familiar enough with the song to know for sure. Well, whatever the arrangement I dug it!

Thanks for another cool post, dude!

Cori

buddy

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Wow Mark, You have taken your finger picking to a whole new level with this song. Bravo my friend.

beaker

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Mark, that was great! Really well done. Beaker.

Lavallee

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Very nice playing Mark. Nice constant rhythm and crisp notes. No problem with the arpeggio, actually no problems at all.

Marc

tvarga

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:48 pm

That was really good Mark! It brings back lots of memories of my playing that song back in my college days. :)

Craig

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Mark,
I thought you did a great job with this beautiful piece. It sounds really good on that guitar of yours! Well done,
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic