MarkM Is There Anybody Out There? guitar lesson review upload

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:55 pm

That was excellent Mark! Sounds like you've been playing like that for years. Great job!

MarkM

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words!!!

Jay - Thanks!!! I never heard you play this one. As with everything you do I'm sure you did an excellent job. I'm really not working on anything at the moment. I've been travelling so much lately. This was a short song so I litterally just spent the last two days on this. Now I'm thinking about Waterloo Sunset.............

RicksPick - Thanks!!! Just recorded it with two mics. One per channel and then combined them.

Pierre - Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. This song has a real nice sound to it. I tell you though, the more I play this particular guitar the more I'm loving it.

Cori - Thanks!! Its not a different version. I think Jay was just using that term to compare to what he did. I actually followed the lesson as best I could. I did use a more "efficient" (for me anyway) fingering for the Am at times. Thats pretty much about it.

Buddy - Thanks!! Yeah this one was a bit different for me.

Beaker - Thank you very much!!!

Marc - Thanks!! I actually went back and watched your version of this when I was learning it. I wanted to include the A picking on the intro as you did but actually forgot to do it when I recorded this.

Tvarga - Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. I actually have memories of this being played in my parents car with the 8 Track.

Craig - Thank you sir. I watched your version as well when I was starting out with this song. It helped.

Chris - Ha!! Thanks. Years. Well it felt like years to learn it as it's all I played for two days. I'm ready to leave it alone for a while now.

MarkM

michelew

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:07 pm

MArk,

That sounded fantastic. I can't believe you've only been playing this for a couple of days. Amazing.

I found it really fun to do the vibrato bits in this song. I think they add to the sweet spookiness.

Souned great as your stuff always does

Thabks

Michele

MarkM

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Michele,

Thank you so much!! Yes a couple of days BUT it was ALL I played for a couple of days. You should have heard the mess on Thursday. I actually watched your version and it helped a great deal. You did such a good job with that.

MarkM

sbutler

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:21 pm

notin wrong with that one Mark. Very well done sir.

Scott

suziko

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Mark,

Absolutely perfect. Nice, steady tempo; clear notes; beautiful hammer-ons and slides. I loved it all! That was a real joy to listen to. I didn't even mind that the mic was in the way because I was just enjoying how pretty it all sounded.

Suzi

willem

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 am

Mark,,well all is said how nice you did this,,but me too liked it very much,,thanks Mark,,also for a reminder this instrumental..

Yamaha48

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:44 am

Hello my friend MarkM.

What can i say!!,it sounds great to my ears.
You play it on your own way,and that great.
Not a copy of the origenal.
Whe have fun to play this nice instrument.
And your guitar sounds great.
What for strings you have on the guitar?.
Thanks for sharing this my friend.

Cheers..................Anton

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:04 am

Excellent, Mark.

I think you can officially say you're BOTH a strummer and a picker now! Sounded really sweet.

Thanks for posting.

pbraun

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:52 am

Mark
That was great very smooth and easy to listen to. I only had a short spell of Pink Floyd, mostly though my son, but to me it was dead on.
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic