The Ventures Walk Don't Run by Craig

Craig

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Vanessa,
Thanks for the pat on the back. Coming from a player such as yourself, it means a lot to me.
Craig
P.S. "Mother" is in the works! :laugh:

Stuart,
I really appreciate your suggestions, things that I will definately work on. I also appreciate the support for the improvisation. At my ability level, I'm not sure it's always a good thing...but this time it was something I really wanted to try.
Thanks,
Craig

Al,
Thanks for the support! I'm trying to challenge myself and push the boundries, and at the same time not get in too far over my head...a fine line I'm finding out!
Thanks for watching,
Craig

Damian!
Wow, how great to hear from you! I hope the song helped you flash back to your afternoon at Coronado beach! I also appreciate the goatee support! Hope to see you down south again someday soon!
Take care,
Your TG friend,
Craig

Beaker,
Thanks for watching. It isn't an easy song for timing purposes but one I wanted to take a shot at. I've received a lot of great advice so I'm glad that I did! Thanks,
Craig

Mark,
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I have gotten some great advice from some great TG members. It reminds me what an awesome place this is. Now that I've memorized the song, I will work hard to get the timing cleaned up. Thanks again,
Craig

willem

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Craig,,yes i''m back on your post,,why,well, i''ve listen to the whole lesson and i must thank you for being on this ventures tune otherwise i did'nt know when i was getting there(lose a bit of track here in what is up),, i certainly know that i try this so now and then,,this is really fun and recommend it to everyone or just give the lesson a look,,, thanks again..

ps after watching the lesson i went to your upload again and man you ddi really great and what a ending...

tovo

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:19 am

Hey Craig. I really enjoyed that very much. It's well on the way to being a great tune in the bag for you. I read Bear's great advice and others so with that help you should be able to take it the extra bit further. Nice post mate.

Craig

Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 am

Hey Tony!
Good hear from you! I appreciate the support. I did get some good advice from TG members that I will put into practice... one of the great aspects of this site and values of sticking your neck out a little bit and posting a video!
Thanks mate,
Craig

deuce01

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Hey Craig,
So i click on the video thinking "What song is this?" then as i heard you play it i recognized it. Cool tune.
Good job too.
This site certainly is getting alot of different content.

Keep at it dude.

Pat

Craig

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Pat,
Thanks for watching. I've always thought it was a cool sounding tune too, and one I've always wanted to learn. I'm glad you recognized it!
Every once in awhile I'll pick up guitar somewhere and play something I've learned here on the site, and someone will say... "hey, I like that song"....to me, that's one of the coolest compliments.
Thanks,
Craig

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Craig thanks for posting this, it inspired me to reach for my Riviera plug in my effects and give this a blast! Duh, dog has chewed my effects cables... So now it has inspired me to fix cables then give this a blast. Multi effects board now fixed crank up the reverb , needed for surf songs, and away i go annoying the neighbours! When they complain I say there is this guy Craig whose to blame... :laugh:

Good job man I've played Pipeline before but not this one so I got a lot from the advice from the others great stuff.

Good on ya mate!

Chas

Craig

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:27 am

Chas,
Thanks for watching! I'm glad I could inspire you to get your cables fixed! :laugh: This will sound cool with the reverb! Feel free to always use me as an excuse when neighbors complain. That's what TG friends are for!
Thanks again,
Craig

Fred

Mon May 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Craig:

Great job!!! I've been working on this song for (off and on) for a while - really like the way you've integrated the chords with the individual picking. Seeing and hearing your rendition has rekindled the spark for me! Keep up the good work.

Fred

jcrocket

Mon May 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Craig -

Nice job! Have to second the suggestion of plugging in a Strat for this one. A little reverb, a little vibrato......

Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic