Pearl Jam Just Breathe by dtaylor

cosmicmechanic

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:32 am

Dean, you might make this song contagious ... seeing it played on a baby guitar makes me think it may be easier than I thought at first (famous "last words" ?).
Good vocals, and the balance between bass and high notes seems pretty good on that guitar for it's size ... not too "bright".

Thanks !
Pierre

willem

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:30 am

AH,,AGAIN A REMINDER TO ADD ON MY PICKIN/PRACTICE,,IT'S NICE TO HAVE SOME DIFFRENT SONGS..

NICE JOB ON THE PICKIN AND SINGIN,,NICE SONG TOO..

BobR

Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:41 am

Dean,

Very nicely done. I thought it sounded really good, both finger picking and singing.

Bob

willem

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Aaah Dean, very very well! :cheer:

You have a very nice voice as well, suited the song perfectly!

Congrats, great job all around!

Cheers

Ness

ps btw I'd love to watch a guitarplayer/singer wíth a head, hint! :whistle: :P

suziko

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:03 pm

Nice job, Dean! Your tempo sounded good to me, and your voice sounds just great in this song. Very smooth and mellow.

I'm with Vanessa- let's see your face next time!

Suzi

dtaylor

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Beaker, Bob, Willem, thank you all, its coming along, I've been slowing it right down and that's helping the timing.

Pierre, I was impressed with this little guitar, it's fine for picking, it has a strong treble sound, but subtleties in the bass get lost in strumming.

Nesh, Suzi, had to have the camera close to hear the guitar, I was virtually whispering the vocals in parts you'll hear. I'm working on Blackbird now so next time :)

tovo

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:56 am

Hey Dean I just got to this after being away for a week or so. In Melbourne you say? Drop over, only 900km West. I really like this tune from the brilliant Eddie Vedder and I thought you did a great job of it, particularly given you were playing on the little guitar. Your video has helped me in my own effort to work out the arrangement so thanks for that also. I thought you sang it real well also. Would have liked to see your face though....unless you are in the witness protection program in which case I understand completely!

dtaylor

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:21 am

Tony, thank you for the invite, the scale of the place is a little overwhelming, but trying my best to make it a permanent move...
I look forward to your version, your voice will suit it perfectly and it'll sound more convincing on a Taylor than my mini! I'll try to record Blackbird soon if I can face the camera btw :)

AcousticAl

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:43 am

Dean,

Great job on this. As others have said- suits your voice very well.

I actually find this song easier to play on a smaller guitar (GS Mini) than my full sized Martin. Easier stretches.

Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:23 am

Dean,

Well it can easily be said that you have mastered that song. I really enjoyed this performance. Both the playing and singing were spot on to my ears. You made that little guitar sing for sure and I was surprised at the sustain for such a small box. Thanks for posting this up. You've made it look very easy which I'm sure it isn't. I'll have to check this lesson out again.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic