Fleetwood Mac Landslide by suziko

Craig

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Wow Suzi, That was great! I really enjoyed that. I think what you have done with combining the chord solo and the singing shows how far you have come. You should be very proud of your effort here. I also agree with your posting after feeling like you had hit a plateau. Sometimes I think we want to wait until we get over the plateau and get it all polished up to post. However, I think that getting some feedback from the more knowledgeable/experienced members can help a lot to get over that hump. At any rate, very well done!
Your TG friend,
Craig

suziko

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Willem- I haven't even tried the regular solo for Landslide. It looks, to me, harder than the chord solo.

Craig- Thanks, as always, for your support. I tend to agree with you about posting. I like to post when I feel like I, on my own, have taken it about as far as I can, in the hopes that I'll get some useful feedback that will spur on more progress. Besides, we're always improving our songs over time, and no one wants to wait 5 years to post something :)

Hydroman52

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Suzi,

Every time you post a video, you get better. You're getting more confident, too. Very nice job! This looks like a tough one . . . you are much braver than me tackling it.

Hydroman52

Like Mark - heatndude said . . . . hope you can make the next jam session.

suziko

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Hydro,

Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and comment on my video. Thanks also for the encouraging words. I'm going to have a go at Don't Carry it All this week, for sure.

Suzi

Hydroman52

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi Suzi,

I watch as many videos here as I can, but don't always have time to leave comments. Be assured that if you post a video, and I don't leave a comment, there's a 98% chance that I've at least watched it from out here in the weeds. On the Don't Carry . . . . song, it is fairly easy, but there are some bad tabs and lyrics out there on the Internet. You can get the correct lyrics from the inner sleeve of your CD. If you get stuck on the chord progressions, let me know and I can send you my song notes and an .mp3 of the drum track if you want to try playing along with that, too.

Hydroman52

suziko

Sun May 01, 2011 6:28 am

Hydro- I understand. I do my best to watch most videos and I respond to as many as i can, but I know that everyone has time constraints. Which is why I always appreciate when people take the time to comment on mine.

I'll give the song a try this week and see how it goes. It looks like an easy progression, but I'll definitely let you know if I could use some advice!

Suzi

snipe

Sun May 01, 2011 11:48 am

Suzi,

Wow....,,,,, Just got in and saw this. Really exellent!!! Great job on the whole thing
Looking forward to seeing another from U.

Mike

suziko

Sun May 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks, Mike! I'm really glad you enjoyed. Thanks for watching and commenting.

Suzi

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:37 pm

How's this for a delayed follow-up??

Suzi, I've only now come back to this song to work on it. And let me say that I appreciate even more what a great job you did with this song. The chord solo is NOT easy- at least not for me.

Just wanted to give you kudos again and tell you I'm using your version as a reference.

suziko

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks, Al! You know I always appreciate how supportive you are. You've inspired me more than once, so it's nice to return the favor.

If you haven't already, you should check out Dean's (dtaylor's) version of this song, which he uploaded a few weeks ago. He did a really nice job on the chord solo.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic