Fleetwood Mac Landslide by suziko

schm040

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Suzi,

Thank you for two reasons. One, I didn't even know about the chord solo for this song, and because I like to play the solo part that Neil originally posted with the basic fingerstyle part, I am now working on the added lesson thanks to your post. Second, you sounded great, relaxed and very musical. Keep it up.

MattMa

BigBear

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Suzi- you just continue to amaze me with all the progress you've made. Do you even remember your earlier attempts at finger-picking? Now, you have a smooth, steady foundation of picking to allow you to sing the song too. Just fabulous!!

Based on size and weight alone I may be your biggest fan (LOL!) but there is no shortage of fellow guitarists who really respect the hard work you've put in to come this far in such a short period of time. I hope all the newer players look at you as an example of what is possible if you set your mind to it!

I love that song and you did FM proud! You've gone from just trying to get through songs to really becoming a performer. i can't wait for the next one!

Great job!! :cheer:

BobR

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Suzi,

I thought you did a wonderful job on this, finger picking, Singing, chord solo, the whole deal. And some of those long stretches were incredible. Definitely a keeper

Great job.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:45 pm

BigBear wrote:
Suzi- you just continue to amaze me with all the progress you've made. Do you even remember your earlier attempts at finger-picking? Now, you have a smooth, steady foundation of picking to allow you to sing the song too. Just fabulous!!

Based on size and weight alone I may be your biggest fan (LOL!) but there is no shortage of fellow guitarists who really respect the hard work you've put in to come this far in such a short period of time. I hope all the newer players look at you as an example of what is possible if you set your mind to it!

I love that song and you did FM proud! You've gone from just trying to get through songs to really becoming a performer. i can't wait for the next one!

Great job!! :cheer:

Bear, my friend, I finally can agree with every word you said! Bwuhahaha!
Right on the money.

Lavallee

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Félicitations Suzi, Many great comments from your fans above (including me). What I really like (besides the playing and singing) is that it just seem so easy. You are probably nervous but you are controlling it very well. It is like if you said to your cat sitting in the living room , " hey Buster here is a new song I just learned" and played it without the fear of being judged. No pressure.

Marc

wammer

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Fantastic job Suzi

You did a great job on the solo, i'm very impressed, I have attemped the solo many times but I keep throwing in the towel .........Neil and Jay have made it look so easy and now you also soooooooooooo off I go to back on the horse so to speak.

Like everyone has said you did a great job on the whole package...Bravo

Tammy

jayswett

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Stunning is a good way to describe that video. A sensational performance all around. The way you played that chord solo made it look like a reasonable goal for the rest of us. I had dismissed it as too difficult months ago, but you made it look fluid and smooth, and it sounded great. Well done.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Suzi, it's great to see this major breakthrough, I'm very glad to see so much effort give such great results.

I'd be curious to know if you found it necessary to use a metronome to get the tune to this point ?
I ask because I'm only starting to get a feel for using a metronome, and it's actually beginning to be fun (which is something I never thought I'd say).

Wonderful progress and very nice vocals ! C'est la joie !
Pierre

millponddave

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Suziko, Wow, Great job. I can't fingerpick at all let alone sing at the same time. I really enjoyed it.

Dave

suziko

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Cori- Your comments always bring a smile to my face. Thanks for being so nice and so supportive. I thought today that it would have been easier if I’d done the chord solo first, before my fingers got tired, but I didn’t think that, stylistically, it would sound as nice. Oh, and I hope that by calling Stevie Nicks a “munchkin” you’re referring to the style of her voice and not her height. Otherwise, as a “vertically-challenged” person, I might have to take offense! :)

Pete- Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

Stuart- You know how much your opinion means to me, my “virtual duet partner.” You helped me out a lot with this song, and I hope you know how much I appreciate it. You’re right: it’s easy to lose perspective and just focus on the next goal. But I remember wanting to learn this song a year and a half ago, and finding it way out of my reach. It’s nice to finally be able to play and sing it.

Matt- I’m glad that my video brought the chord solo to your attention. It’s a wonderful piece to add to the song, and lots of fun to play. Good luck with it. Maybe you’ll post a video of your version! Thanks for your comment.

Rick- haha! Yes, I DO remember my earlier attempts at fingerpicking, though I might prefer to forget them. Thanks so much for what you said. I’m glad you think I did the song justice.

Bob- Thanks so much. It was a tough song, but somebody had to do it! :)

Chris- A thanks again to you, my friend!

Marc- Merci! I’m glad I gave off the aura of cool and composed. I only wish it were true. It’s amazing how just turning on the camera changes the dynamic. All the same, it’s started to get slightly easier over time. Hopefully that will continue. I appreciate what you said about my playing and singing, too. You’re always so supportive and kind!

Tammy- I wouldn’t worry about not being able to play the solo. If I could sing like you, I probably wouldn’t bother with the solo! Thanks for your kind words!
p.s. How’s that new Taylor treating you?

Jay- the chord solo is definitely NOT too hard for you. I’d recommend giving it a try. It’s quite fun and I’m sure with your fingerpicking technique, you’d master it quickly. Thanks, as always, for your support.

Pierre- no, I didn’t work with a metronome, and in retrospect I think it would have been a good idea. As Dennis mentioned, my tempo does vary some in the song. I think that’s something I’ll try as I work on polishing this song. Thanks again!

Dave- thanks for watching and commenting. I’m so glad you enjoyed!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic